Selling Dreams

KAYSEE

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I got off my bed.

"I came home early, I wanted to surprise you, but clearly you're the one with all the surprises." He said, his nose was flaring and I could tell he was angry. 

"It's not what it looks like." I said. 

"Really? Cause it looks to me like you're kissing a boy..under my roof." He barked. 

"Daddy -"

"Everybody out!" He yelled. Tommy slowly got up and left with Ariel. 

"What the fuck do you think you're doing, Kaysee?!" He yelled, slamming my door shut. 

"Nothing..I -" 

"Don't speak! There is no excuse for this behaviour! You have a boy in my house, in your room! How often have you been sneaking him in here?!" He yelled. 

I didn't respond. 

"Answer me!" He yelled. I had never seen my dad this mad, not with me at least. 

"I don't know..like, everyday." I said softly. 

"How could you? You betrayed my trust in you. I can't even leave you home alone for 5 hours without you going behind my back!" He yelled in a hurt tone.

"You have to hear me out first," I said and he seemed to settle down a bit, he took a seat in one of the chairs across my room. 

"Okay, I know you're mad at me, but let me explain and you cannot interrupt. So, basically Tommy and I, Tommy being the boy you just saw, have been dating for a year and a half...AND," I said loudly cause I saw him prepare to speak again, 

"I didn't want to tell anyone cause he's white. I know I went behind your back and I know i'm not suppose to date but I'm not ashamed that I love him and truthfully, I am in love with him, daddy. He treats me good, and I don't want you to come and say I can't see him anymore, because I won't stop. No disrespect, but I won't because when you love someone nothing and no one should get in between that." I said, I looked at his face praying that he'd understand. He didn't say anything. 

"Well then, if you mean it, let him stay for dinner and I'll decide whether I like him or not; That'll detemine what happens after." He said as he got up and left. When he opened the door Ariel and Tommy were standing outside of it. He glared at Tommy and went downstairs to prepare dinner. They walked in slowly. 

"The beginning was brutal, but yo little speech, ou girl, it just touched my heart." Ariel joked. 

"Shut up." I said, throwing a pillow at her. She shut my door. 

"My dad is gunna be even madder, if he sees my doors shut, ya dits." I huffed.

"Your dad's cool, I'm sure he'll understand." Ariel laughed. She found this so entertaining but I didn't.

"How didn't you see him coming?" I asked as her and Tommy came and laid on my bed. 

"I did, but it was too late to warn you too who were swallowing each other's faces." She rolled her eyes. 

"Like this." I said as I straddled Tommy's lap and kissed him.

"You're going to get my ass kicked one day." He smiled.

"One day, but until then.." I said as I kissed him again. 

"You two are so cute it's disgusting." Ariel said as she turned to the TV.

I got off of him before my dad decided to come back. My door was shut but it wasn't locked which gave him power to barge right in.