Clarity

KAYSEE

All of Anna's deals were double-edged swords. I frowned knowing that this was something that I had to do. But, I was contemplating a way to work my way out of it. It's not like Tommy and I were together anyways, but still, I knew how bad this would hurt him. I sighed as she waited for me to make up my mind. I looked back at Aaron who was standing on the driver's side looking at me. He nodded in reassurance.

"Okay, fine." I sighed. This would be one of the hardest things I ever had to do, because Tommy and I could fight all day and still love each other. We were drawn to each other, that's how we ever lasted this damn long.

"Great." She said, "Bye Aaron." She winked at him before skipping into the school. I threw my head back and let out a frustrated grunt.

"Good job, Kaysee." I mumbled to myself.

"It's not that bad." Aaron chimed in, I turned to face him. My lip poked out as I frowned.

"Why is life so hard?" I groaned as I placed my forearm on my forehead.

"It's only as hard as you make it." He sounded like Tommy, I laughed to myself.

"Goodbye Aaron." I said.

"When can I see you again?" He questioned.

"Not sure." I shrugged as I walked backward before turning around and jogging into the school. I felt his eyes on me until I got into the school. I saw Tommy waiting for me at my locker, I swerved in the other direction. I had to stay away from him because there was no way he could find out about this. I went straight to class, and took my seat. It was pretty early and no one was here but I didn't mind. Trenton peeked his head inside the class and smiled.

"Hey." He smiled.

"What are you doing here so early?" I smiled.

"Looking for teach, but I guess he ain't in here." He said as he took a seat next to me.

I turned so my back was against the wall, I put a leg up and got comfy. He stared at me for a moment.

"What?" I smiled.

"You just pretty. I can't wait til Sunday." He replied.

"Thank you. I can't wait here either." I smiled.

"Whatchu want on our pizza?" He asked, he seriously was excited.

"Oh Trenton.." I sighed, "Get pineapples, pepperoni and some bacon."

"My favorite." He cheesed. I giggled and we sat in silence for a bit.

"Kaysee," He said.

"Yeah.." I answered.

"I heard some things," he sighed.

"Like what?" I questioned.

"I heard you was dating Tommy." He said. I smiled modestly.

"No, I am not." I laughed.

"Don't front, I know you like them white boys." He replied, giving me a 'stop lying' look.

"And so?" I said with attitude.

"And so nothing. I just wanted you to be honest, find out for myself. So you not dating Tommy?" He asked.

"No." I said, it was the truth. I'm not dating Tommy. I'm not dating anyone.

"Just checking, how's your boyfriend doing?" He asked.

"Don't have one, anymore." I answered, sadly. But Trenton seemed to light up.

"So you were dating Tommy, but then he got with Anna, and now you single?" He questioned.