Tacos & Tragedy

KAYSEE

The next evening, Trenton knocked on my door. My dad went to my uncle's to play poker, so we had the house to ourselves. I ran downstairs and opened the door. 

"Hey Trenton." I smiled and let him in. He carried a pizza box and a two litre sprite in his hand. 

"Yo place is nice as fuck!" He hollered as he looked around. Thank God my dad wasn't here. 

"Thanks." I laughed and walked over to the couch. He sat next to me and I looked for a movie to order.

"What are you tryna watch?" I asked him.

"Whatever you want to." He shrugged and plopped down next to me.

"Insidious it is. Don't be too scared." I smirked as I shut off all the lights and brought out two cups with ice in it. He poured the drinks while I got plates for us to put our pizza on. We sat and ate, the movie barely started and Trenton was already jumping. 

"Are you okay?" I giggled.

"Yeah. I'm good." He smiled. 

We watched the movie together,  Trenton didn't try to hit on me or anything as he promised. He kept jumping and at times, we'd scream together but he did most of the screaming.

"Boy, get off my lap." I laughed as he sat on me. The movie had come to an end and he slid off my lap. 

"Big baby." I teased. 

"Shut up. Yo ass was scared too." He said as I turned on the lights. I put on regular TV and laid on the couch, putting my feet on his lap.

"You got some nerve." He laughed and slapped my leg hard but playfully. I laughed.

"Kaysee," He began, 

"Hmm." I answered

"That white boy, he's your man?" He questioned

"Yes Trenton, he is my man." I smiled. 

"Is it because he's white? I mean, what he got that I don't?" He sighed. I frowned. 

"It's not about race. It's about the way he treats me, Trenton. I care for him a lot. It deeper than the stupidness that everyone is carrying on about. It's not about anyone else but him and I." I explained, this was going to be the last time I explained my relationship to anyone. 

"Well, if you're happy...I'm happy. At least he ain't no punk. He handled business with Kae'Shawn. I was shocked because white boy had hands." Trenton laughed. I smiled. 

"At least, someone's understanding." I sighed of relief. 

"I mean he ain't no big daddy Trent Trent, but he'll do." Trenton joked and I playfully shoved him with my foot.

"But you know I gotchu girl. I mean, you never date anyone, and you finally getting out there, I don't blame you at all. Just don't get too crazy." He said. 

"Thanks Trenton." I said, as I stood up. 

"Home time?" 

"Yes sir. It's 10, going on 11. We got school in the morning." I said as he stood up and went to put on his shoes. Once he was all ready he gave me a bear hug and lifted me off the ground. I squealed and hugged him back. 

"See ya." He said before leaving. 

"Bye big daddy." I sang jokingly. 

"You already know baby!" He yelled and got into his car. I laughed and locked my door.