Chapter 1

Third Person POV

Its been 2 years since Maddison died. Everyone is still broken up about it. Nick and Tony haven't bounced back. Maddison's mom, Abbie, has been hiding out at one of Nick's safe houses. She still hasn't told Nick what happened during the plane crash. Abbie is hiding something and Nick can sense it. They are currently cuddling on the couch in the living room watching TV.

"Hey, Abbie.."

"Hmm?"

"Are you okay?"

She sits up and looks at him. "Yeah, why?"

"It seems like something is bothering you."

She smiles. "I'm fine Nick."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." She pecked him on the lips and laid back down. He didn't believe her, but he left it alone. A few minutes later he saw tear coming out of Abbie's eyes. He hugged her and she started to sob.

"I miss her." She cries.

"I miss her too" He said softly blinking back the tears and rubbing her back.

Somewhere in New York

It was almost midnight in New York city. Most streets were dark, except for the glow from store neon signs. A figure in all black sat on top of a roof watching the streets.

And waiting.

Waiting for someone.

Then the figure saw them. A couple walking down the street smiling and laughing. The figure stood up and watched as they walked down the alley. The figure followed closely and created daggers made of ice. She jumped down from the roof and landed a few feet behind the couple quietly. She quickly made her way behind the male and stabbed him in the back with the dagger. The female screamed and tried to run but she was stabbed as well. The girl looked down at the couple and smiled at her work. She began to walk away pulling her hoodie over her face. She walked towards an apartment. When she went upstairs to her door she saw it was open slightly. She froze and went back down stairs out the building. Climbing the fire escape was a piece of cake. She peeked through the window and saw the living room lights were on. She cautiously slid the window open and crawled in. Looking around and didn't find anything out of the ordinary. She slowly walked to her room creating daggers in her hands. She looked in the room and saw a small box on her bed. She stepped inside and checked the room, making sure no one was in there.

No one was there.

She set the daggers on her bed and picked up the box. Examining it before she opened it. She pulled out a small burner phone and then it started ringing.

She answered it but didn't speak.

"Next mission is to infiltrate S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters. Obtain a flash drive and all files they have on 'Maddison Stark.' When you're done report back to HQ. This mission wont be as easy as it seems. You have 2 months. Hail Hydra!" The call ended. She stood there thinking.

The phone started beeping and a 5 second count down started. She ran to the window and threw the phone outside and it exploded.

She heard a small cry from a baby and walked into the other room. The child squirmed and cried until it say the girl. She picked up the baby. It was a baby girl, who the assassin grew to love. The baby had blonde hair, green eyes, and rose colored cheeks. Smiling down at the baby the assassin started to hum. It was a song that was etched in her brain for some reason, but she didn't care where it was from. Soon the baby began to fall asleep.

She went to take a shower and changed into a sports bra and compression shorts. She laid down and thought about how she would get into S.H.I.E.L.D.

She has to get "caught".

Then her mind started to drift to the baby. She didn't know what to do.

Was her final thought, and she went to sleep.

At S.H.I.E.L.D.

"Sir, he struck again." An agent said entering Director Fury's office.

"Dammit! What do we have on him?"

"Nothing much sir. He attacks at night, clearly has been trained because he leaves no trace. And he attacks at random."

Director Fury sighed in frustration. "Call in the team."

"Isn't that a bit much to catch one guy?" The agent questioned which Director Fury didn't like.

"I'm sorry I wasn't aware you were Director." Fury snapped.

The agent sighed. "Yes sir, I'll call them in."

"Dismissed." And the agent left the room.

Hey!! What do you guys think? Vote& comment! Okay I know in the first book I kind of rushed it, I'm going to slow it down a bit. But I hope you like!! XD