Chapter 9[Edited]

Abigail's POV

"What do you mean she's not there!?"

Bruce got the tracker out of Artemis's neck and I sent the team to get Maddison.

"She's not here. One guard said a guy came in killing everyone and took her." Tony says.

"Dammit!" I yell ending the call and tossing everything off the desk.

I scream in frustration and all light begin to flicker. I felt a hand on my shoulder and see Dad standing there. "We'll find her."

"You don't understand," My voice cracks. "I don't think she knows this but her powers are taking over her body. That's why I came back. On her 21 birthday she will die, which is in 2 months. On October 17th." He stared at me with no emotion but I can tell he's shocked.

"Her heart is frozen. And its not like the movies where 'an act of true love' will fix it. I've been trying to find out how to help her but I cant!" I scream as tears stream down my face.

"Why haven't you told anyone?"

"I don't know." I ran out the room.

Maddison's POV

"I need to take a bath." I say sitting up.

"Here let me help you." He gets up and carries me to the bathroom. The bath is pretty big, it looks like a Jacuzzi. He sets me down on the counter and runs the bath water. Then faces me and slowly start to take my shredded shirt off. I wince and look down and see bruises on my chest. I see Jake's nostrils flare as he softly touches them. 

When i'm completely naked he carries me to the water and sets me in. I moan when my body is submerged in the hot water. All the dirt and blood comes off my body. Jake kisses the top of my head and leaves. 

Now let me explain who Jake is.

He's my Husband.

Yeah I know what you're thinking.

'Why are you going out with Steve if you have  husband?'

I thought Jake died. I was told that he was dead.

I sigh and wash up. I call Jake back in so he can help me get out the tub.

He wrapped a towel around me and carried me to the bed. I put of the extra clothes he gives me and lay down.

"We need to talk." I said softly.

He nods and sits on the bed with me.

"When you left they told me you died. And a month later I found out I-I was pregnant. I kept the baby but struggled. When she was born they found out and tried to experiment on her, but I wouldn't let them. A year later I was back at my job. And 3 months ago I was reunited with my family. I  found out who I used to be and I was reunited with everyone, even they guy I first loved..." I trailed off at the end. 

"So where does this leave us?"

"I don't know." I sigh and he chuckles kissing my forehead.

"If you love him then go with him. And I thought you died until I heard that Hydra captured the 'Scarlet Diamond'." 

"My name is Maddison by the way."

"Even better."

"Are you sure you're okay with this?"

"You were my bestfriend before I married you, and you will always be my bestfriend, no matter what." I smile and hug him.

Then I realize something.

"Shit! They're looking for me. Where's the phone?"

He hands me his phone and I dial Dad's number.

"You've reached Tony Stark unfortunately I didn't answer the phone because I don't like you-" I laugh but hang up and redialed.

Still straight to voicemail. So I called Nat, luckily she answered.

"Hey, Tell the team I'm okay and if they can send someone to come pick me up. Track this phone."

"What the hell Maddie you scared the life out of us!" She yells and I hang up not wanting to continue that conversation.

"Probably shouldn't have hung up on her..."

He laughs and shakes his head and I lay down on his chest.

"Maddison. Wake up." I open my eyes and see Steve looming over me.

"Hi." I whisper and close my eyes again. He picks me up and carries me somewhere.

"I'm coming with you." Jake says.

"No." Steve says immediately.

"I'm the one who saved her!" Jake yells and they start going back and forth. I get annoyed because I was trying to go back to sleep.

"I swear to god shut up! Jake is coming with us to the tower whether you guys like it or not. Now if someone says something else I will behead you. Let me sleep!" I scream, which wasn't a smart idea because it drained the little energy I had left.

I'm going to change Maddison's age to 20 because 18 is pretty young to have a 2 yr old kid ...

Vote& Comment!