Epilogue

I walked into Fury's office and slammed the door shut. He looked up at me and raised his eyebrow.

"May I ask why you think it's a good idea to come in here slamming doors?"

"We need to tell him." I folded my arms.

"And what would telling him do?"

"He has a right to know!"

"I'm listening..." He folded his arms.

"She's basically his daughter. He has a right to kow the truth before he finds out." Fury chuckled and I frowned. "What's funny?"

"You just want to save your own ass for later."

"No I'm-"

"Don't lie to me Maddison, you're not very good at it, despite what people tell you. You want to tell him not so when and if the truth comes out, he already knows and there's no problem."

"Why don't you want him to know?"

"It's to protect her." Not it was my turn to laugh.

"No it's for you to protect yourself." I folded my arms and stared at him.

Silence filled the room and the tension grew thicker.

"You're still going to tell him aren't you?" He asked.

"Yup." He sighed and pulled out a file from his drawer then handed it to me.

"He's not going to take it well, but give him this." I nodded and walked out the room.

I walked into the living room and saw Steve sleeping with Artemis. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey." I sat on the couch and he pecked my lips.

"Hi."

"What's that?" He pointed to the folder in my hand.

I was about tell him but something inside me told me not to, and I listened to that something.

"Just a new case." He nodded and picked Artemis up and carried her to the room.

He got back and laid down with me and rubbed my baby bump.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm hungry and tired." I put the folder on the coffee table and put my head on his chest.

"Have you eaten?"

"Yes, about 7 times today."

"It's only noon." I looked at him.

"Your point?" He chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"I'm gonna go take a shower." I got up and walked away.

"Okay."

"And you're gonna join me."

"Better." I heard him mumbled and he followed me to the bathroom.

Steve fell asleep on the bed and I grabbed my clothes and put them on. Then I went to the living room and grabbed the file. I walked to the elevator and pressed the button.

"Jarvis, can you scan and upload this to my secure file?" I pulled out the papers and spread them out on the table. A blue light scanned them and soon then popped up as a hologram.

I sighed and looked at the hologram.

Name: Artemis Stark
Age: 2
Eye color: blue
Hair color: blonde
Nationality: white
Status: Alive
Location: Stark Towers
Parents: Maddison Stark (Mother), Steve Rogers (Father)