hilltop

Riley POV

This baby has only been home for 2 weeks and drivin me up the wall. It cry's every 2 hours and C made me get up "WAHHHHHHHH!!" "Damn it Riley go check up on dah baby" Cindy grumbled pulling the cover over her head. "Hell nah what if it's hungry" I sat up.

"I already got beast milk in some bottles downstairs now go nigga" she yawned. I grumbled getting up to get a bottle then went into the nursery. Jay was crying so loud I picked him up and he looked at and smiled a bit. "Iight lil man whats da problem" I said looking at him. He just smiled bigger.

"Nigga I know you didn't just start crying cuz you wanted to be picked up" I said to him. He grabbed one of my braids in response. I sighed," yo lil man you killin me daddy needs some sleep cuz he gotta go to school and work iight just ease up on me only a week till summer" I told him rubbing his curly hair.

He smiled in response. "Ya know what dat mean right" I smirked. The baby gave me a confused look. "Dat mean you and Daddy can spend all the time you want iight so just go to sleep " I told him. I tried to put him down and he whimpered holding tighter on my braid.

"Oh come on why you actin like dat?" I asked. I walked him over to a picture of Grandad. "You see him, Dats your great Grandad, he gonna watch ova ya make sure you sleep well" I said trying to reassure Jay, Jay looked at the photo I reached for it gurgling.

"Uhh iight go to sleep" I laid him down in the crib kissing his head. He puffed his cheeks and giggled. "Awwww" said a girly voice. I turned around to see Jazmine. "Uh I was just " I rubbed the back of my neck. "Aw look at you Riley acting like a dad" she smiled. "Yea yea" I shook my head and headed back to me room.

The baby slept through the rest of the night.

Huey POV

"Are you sure" I said a bit excited. I haven't felt this way in a long time. "Yes I am you are a very hard worker and I want you to have a 5 dollar raise." My boss smiled. "But that's much" I rubbed my neck. "Yes I know and I'm also aware your still a student with no parents" she gave me a sympathetic look, I shrugged. "Freeman you build that house day and night and took so many shifts I was thinking about sending you on a vacation" she snickered.

I smirked a bit, "Thank you Mrs. Garcia" "oh don't thank me thank yourself you earned it kid" she smiled handing me my check. I nodded and left her office and headed home. It was kinda late but I decided to go pay the rent and electric, Riley pays the lights and gas, the water was free. When I was done I still had lots of money to spare, I was saving all month to pay but with the raise I didn't need to worry to much.

I was heading home and thinking of Jazmine, I drove past a jewelry store. I grinned to myself a bit.

Jazmine POV

The medicine I'm taking are actually very helpful. Im feeling better with my counselor every 2 weeks helps me cope with everything much better. Today I was tossing and turning in bed. It's kinda hard to sleep when Huey isn't here. I heard the front door open I knew it was Huey, and he would probably ask me why the was still up.

He walked upstairs with a small bag in his hand. "What's that?" I asked. He raised his brow a bit surprised, I think I caught him of guard. "Uh its nothing Jazmine why aren't you asleep" he asked. "I can't sleep when your not here" I sighed. He just shook his head and sat down on the bed. "Hey Jazmine after school I want you to meet me at the hill OK" Huey looked at me.

I gazed into his wine eyes. We haven't been to the hill in a while, we normally went there to get away. I nodded laying back down.

That next day after school I ran upstairs to get changed into something more comfortable. I was hoping that Huey was gonna ask me to prom since we are Seniors and prom is in 2 weeks. There throwing it a week after school ends to prepare. Anyway I walked up to the hill I was a bit distracted on the way there though. There were Rose petals on the ground going up the hill.