"happiness"

Huey pov

I had to take Jazmine to her appointment today then we were gonna drop by the hospital to see Cindy's new baby and find out who the father was.

Jazmine was silent as I drove, She just stared out the window. "Jazmine?" I asked trying to break the tension. She glanced at me before looking back out the window. "Jazmine we get to see Cindy's baby after this, that should be fun" I said awkwardly. She shrugged "whats the matter" I frowned. She shrugged, I sighed as I continued to drive.

"You want milkshakes after this" I asked hoping she would speak. Her eyes watered. "Me and my daddy used to get milkshakes when I felt down too" she smiled with tears in her eyes. I felt a hole in my stomach. "I'm sorry" I sighed. She just shrugged whipping her eyes."I just wish I was there to stop him from drinking so much....then maybe I wouldn't be like this" she sighed.

I didn't respond. We pulled up to the office, "you ready" I asked. "As ready as I'll every be I suppose" she got out the car and walked in front of me keeping her distance. I walked up to her holding her wrist she pulled away and entered the building, so did I.

We sat in silence till they called Jazmine up. "Ms. Du Bois?" A lady with blonde hair and green eyes asked. She stood and walked over to her. I waited in the lobby so I could take Jazmine home when she was done. I got a video call from Riley.

I answered it seeing him. "Yo man guess fucking what" he said with a large grin. "What?" I asked. "IMA DADDY MY NIGGA!" He cheered. I smiled a quick smile at my little brother. "Aye I saw yo ass, I know you smiled" he grinned. "I don't know what your talking about" I smirked.

" Whatevea nigga you want to see ya nephew?" He asked. I nodded, he brought the camera over to a small child with caramel skin and curly hair.(pic of the baby at the top) He was breastfeeding at the moment, and Cindy had a large smile on her face looking at the infant. The baby pulled away, flashing its blue eyes at me. Riley grinned "aye Jay dats ya uncle Huey, Fo a while we thought dis nigga was gay but ya know he got jazzy dats ya Auntie " he smiled.

I rolled my eyes at him. We talked for about 20 minutes then I saw Jazmine come out and hand me a sheet of paper. "Um Riley I'm gonna have to talk to you later I'll see you at the hospital" I told him. "Whateva nigga peace" he held up he's deuces before ending the call. I looked at the paper Jazmine had handed me, it was a prescription.

"I need to take 2 a day" she said. "It's supposed to make me happy" she looked away. "Alright" I sighed "she said I need to take them today" Jazmine frowned crossing her arm. "Ok let's go" I took her hand and lead her to the car. She pulled away when we got into the parking lot and got into the car and stared out the window once more.

I got the perception and she swallowed them with some water I got her. Within the next 10 minutes Jazmine was talking my head off. "Hey Huey do you love me?" She asked. "Yes Jazmine" I said. "Are you suuuure because I love this much" she stretched her arm out giggling. I smirked at her.

"Hey are we gonna get milkshakes?" She asked looking out the window. "Do you want them?" I asked. "OMG YES I DO" she grinned. "What kind of question is that silly" she giggled. Her cheer behavior was a bit strange, it was like all her problems were forgotten and she didn't have a care in the world, like when we were 10.

I got her milkshake she drank it down as fast as she could. She quite for a good 5 minutes as she drank. I looked at the sugary drinks with disgust. When she finished she had a large grin on her face "that was AWESOME!" She grinned. "Your the bestest best boyfriend any girl could ask for Huey I love yoooooou" she grinned. I raised my brow at her. "Now pedal to the metal baby I want to see my bestie and her baby" she bounced in her seat.