2.2; Funeral

Kian's POV

Its real. We're all gathered in some random church for Reese's funeral. People that shes related to, friends with, her bullies, and some people that didn't genuinely know her, but knew her from around school. 

The ceremony is about to start, so I find a seat in one of the front rows. Her casket is closed, as her neck had a nasty rope burn from her suicide. I sit there, listening to a bunch of fake speeches about how beautiful she was and how sad it is that shes gone. Cookie cutter funeral speeches. But now its my turn, no cookie cutter speech here.

I walk up to the front of the church, all eyes on me. I stand next to her casket and look out at everyone there. And i start talking. "Well. I think we all know why were here. Im not going to clarify that. But I am going to clarify why Reese did what she did. Only one human is responsible for her death. One. Person. And no, its not you. That person knows who they are. So you can stop blaming yourself. Okay, now about Reese. Reese and I have been best friends since i can remember. But once we got to high school I kind of blocked her out. Not completely, just at school. I made new friends, and so did she. We fell into different social groups, so I would bring her home from school everyday, and we would usually hang out, watch movies and do our homework." I stopped to let tears fall, and continued.

"She was the most shy person I knew, but at the same time she was so outgoing. She was everything I could have asked for in a person. Everything. She was the most perfect human being ever. She never really cared about what people thought of her until it came to them not liking her. We had such a special relationship, and I'm so sad it didn't last as long as I thought it would." I stopped, and people around the room had tears rolling down their cheeks, and I left.

I took her note out from my glove box, and I read the last part.

Sorry im insane

I drove to a tattoo parlor, and get that exact lettering tattooed around my moon. This is it. She's actually gone.

 She's actually gone