Halloween

Annabeth's POV

I tugged on my skirt as I looked in the mirror. It was Halloween and I was going as my mother.

My hair is hung down over my shoulders and I have a white spaghetti strap tank top and black shorts under an Ancient Greek style dress (borrowed from Aphrodite). I have a celestial bronze chest-plate (courtesy of Camp Half-Blood) on. My mom let me borrow her helmet, shield, and spear, (a sheet was draped over the shield at the moment. Don't want to scare anyone now do we?) on the promise that I wouldn't accidentally use the godly powers to destroy someone. (Also, my mom left the school when we told the Wizards. Just a safety hazard.) A belt with my celestial bronze knife was around my waist. A small, quite real owl was perched on my shoulder and I had golden sandals laced up to my knees.

"You don't look like many of the pictures of your mom. You sure those are her things?" Hermione, who was sitting on her bed, asked. Thunder rumbled in the sky, shaking the windows.

"Does that answer your question?" Was my reply. Hermione nodded.

Hermione is dressed as a jack-o-lantern. She is wearing an orange tank top with a the jack-o-lantern face on it, orange fish net, fingerless gloves that go up to right below her shoulder, an orange skirt, light orange fishnet tights, and black knee high boots. Her hair hangs down in curls (which took her 2 hours to do) and a pumpkin hat on her head.

You all may be wondering why we are all wearing costumes this halloween (the rest of the years at Hogwarts, no one has worn them). Long story short, Percy, Harry, and Ron convinced almost everyone in the school to wear costumes - even the teachers -, and the rest eventually heard and thought, why not? Then Percy and Harry decided to throw a party, and invite the WHOLE SCHOOL. Guess who ended up planning it? (If you guessed me and Hermione you're absolutely correct). I adjusted my belt a bit more and pulled the shield over my shoulder, pulling the sheet off to show the solidified face of Medusa. Hermione shivered.

"Ready to go?" I asked. She nodded and grabbed her wand. We walked down the stairs and met up with the boys (and Thalia who didn't take time with her costume) in the common room.

Percy was dressed as his dad with a blue ancient greek toga, greek sandals, and laurels around his head. Riptide was in sword form and had a place in his belt, but Percy was playing with it while we waited.

Harry was dressed as a stag. He had a one piece costume with black gloves and shoes and antlers sticking out of his head. Harry's nose was painted black and he had a name tag that said "Hello! My name is Prongs".

Ron was dressed as the scariest thing that he could come up with. A spider. It wasn't very convincing though. The whole costume was one piece. There were legs sticking out of the side and antennas on his head.

Thalia was a huntress with black leggings, hunting boots, a grey tank top, a gold belt, and a black cape with a hood. Thalia had her bow and quiver slung over her shoulder, and her silver hunting knifes tucked into her gold belt. I could also see a backup pair of knifes in her boots.

I don't even know what Nico was. He looked just like he did every day of the year, except for the fact his sword was hanging by his side. Someone (I'm pretty sure it was Percy) put a bright red name tag on his jacket that read "Hello! My name is The Ghost King".

"Hey guys!" I said.

"Where's your costume Nico?" Hermione asked.

"I'm the Ghost King." Nico replied in a grumble. Percy walked up to me and kissed me on the cheek.

"You look just like your mom Wise Girl. Scary as Tartarus." He said. I smacked him on the arm.

"You look like your dad four thousand years ago Seaweed Brain." I replied. He pouted as we headed out of the common room towards the Great Hall. Halfway to the hall, we ran into someone.