0.25: Wave

Miguel P.

Lanae's hands were glued to Aria's hips when she finally let go of everything that was holding her back. Aria closed her eyes and tried to push the things that she thought she forgot further into the back of her mind as the vibrations from the beats pounding against the floorboards trickled at the exterior of her temple. Being denied of the Art school that she had fancied for some time now was devastating. Especially, the after math that caused her to change her writing styles and explore other techniques. Seeing the applicants that did get accepted under hashtags on social media did not bring her any comfort either. The job she had was ok and it treated her well but the job was simply settling. It wasn't a passion or something she would want to continue to doing if she decided to start a family of her own. Modeling had slipped out of her grasp for a long period of time. Sure, she was booked for a few shoots or small shows here and there but it was never the same. Removing herself from the industry for a long period of time was a small regret of hers. Although, she felt limited with her agency on her behalf, staying involved would've created a foundation for her branding.
   Aria's hands traveled to the top of her mane and ruffled it up. The beat slowly faded and partynextdoor's voice came in.

"All she talkin' bout is come and see me for once." Aria yelled and giggled. Nodding her head, she turned to face her friend and her friend removed her hands from her hips.

"You don't never come to me." Lanae sang back, moving her hands to the beat.

"-doing things to make me feel the way I make you feel." Aria spat, moving her body in the spot she had claimed as her own for a while.
    The night went on, music captivating each soul within the unknown house. Laughter emerged from Aria and Lanae. A stress reliever that they both needed for so long. Another song faded in and Aria went insane. The vibe of everyone around her changed as well as recognition of the beat was evident. Lanae couldn't help but laugh at how much Miguel's music had impacted her in the years of their friendship.

"I wanna ride that wave. Oh baby." Aria sang to her friend, pointing her fingers in her direction.

"-Don't stop, I wanna ride that wave. All night.."
Giggles escaped Aria's plump lips, as she hit unknown vocals and threw her hands up. As soon as Travis' verse came in, Aria moved her upper body from left to right, attempting to do a "pimp" like lean, her hands now rested in front of her two piece.

"Like moving on? I might feel that yeah." The two rapped together.
     More songs played, people left and came. Aria allowed her true self to show, as people mingled with her and Lanae. Laughs were shared and so were drinks. Drinks that Aria kindly declined even with persuasion. Lanae on the other hand, gladly accepted one or two. Doing so stripped her of driving privileges for the night. Lanae, the typical chauffeur for any occasion was being replaced by Aria.

- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- -

"Wish I could make it easy, easy to love me." Aria, sang as she unlocked the car doors and hopped in. A shaky breath escaped her lips not only from the chill late night winds but the amount of emotion that came from that phrase. Lanae hurriedly opened the passengers door, slid in, and automatically took off her stilettos. Throwing them into the next row, she shrugged into the leather and reached to close her door. Two car doors slamming shut echoed throughout the car. Humming, Aria put the keys in the ignition and putting the car in drive.

The song that was lowly playing ended and Aria's finger tips continued to dance along the material that covered the leather trimming of the steering wheel.

"That was much needed." Lanae sighed, a smile playing at her face as she relived the moments from earlier. Aria nodded, "For sure. I didn't realize how much it was needed until now."

"I'm surprised I didn't acknowledge anyone in there on a serious. I peeped some dudes with true potential."

Aria, glanced away from the road and at her friend got a moment before chuckling. "Potential? You peeped potential at a party?"

"Yes ma'am. I did." Lanae smirked, changing her position in the leather seat.

"How does one witness potential while at a party?"

"You can see it in their eyes, baby girl. You should know this."

"Lanae, shut that down." Aria howled. "You're just out of it right now. I did spy some eye candy in there though. Very notable, if I do say so myself."

"See!"

"No, Lanae. They were suitable for you." Aria giggled, as the came closer to their destination. Lanae tugged the muscles in her face to one side of her mouth and simply stared at her friend.

"Man, I'm not about to start with you. I'm hungry. What are we eating tonight, Ari?"

"Bojangles? Pizza Hut? Ling Ling? Chick- Fil-A? I don't know. What do you want?" Aria shrugged, lifting her foot from the gas as she approached a yellow light.

"All of that sounds bomb right about now. How about three stops? Bojangles and Pizza Hut and then we circle around to ya' man, Mr. Ling?" Lanae suggested jerking up in her seat, overly excited.
    Rolling her eyes, Aria sank into the drivers seat and sighed, waiting for the red light to turn green. Lanae would do something like this, especially since she didn't have to drive. Bojangles, Pizza Hut, and Ling Ling it was.