0.12: Let it Breathe

"These things ain't gettin' better
No they ain't lookin' up for us"
  -Jaden Smith: Let it Breathe

"Our love isn't infinite. It was but now there's no way." She chirped, taking in the beauty of the night.

"It is . It still can be." He whispered as the two stared up into the sky.

"No. This ..us..it's no longer realistic." She said shakily, holding back tears that attempted to play at the brim of her eyes.

"Is it my fault?" She questioned after a moment of silence.

"Is what your fault?" He questioned , his eyebrows beginning to furrow. His eyes still stared straight ahead, examining each individually unique star.

"The fact that we're not the same. Is it because I was so distant? Was I not giving you enough attention?"
The boy shrugged against the hood of the car.

"Why'd you keep me around?" She questioned swallowing the lump that was beginning to form in her throat. Her brown orbs removed themselves from the starry sky for a split second and she began to sniffle. "You obviously had other people keeping you company."

"You're the one I want to be with and I know that feeling isn't mutual right now. I'm waiting for you but I just, I can't either sometimes. You don't even live here."

"They don't either."

"Some do."

  Aria's lips formed into a thin line . Soon after a sigh of disbelief escaped her mouth and propped herself up, no longer laying on the hood.

"That's lovely. Such a wise answer." She spat, standing up and barging back into the house which wasn't hers.