0.14: Untitled

The car ride was filled with sarcasm and bitter sweet laughter. Although, Aria's friend wanted to know every single detail she stopped begging after multiple attempts that resulted in failure.

"Lanae, I do not smell like a man."

"Smell your hoodie." She stated rolling her eyes as she cruised down the street. Aria brought a fistful of her hoodie up to her nose and took a sniff.

"Oh my." Aria sighed.

"See. I kept tryna tell you. Talkin' about you don't smell like a man. Yeah, mhm. Ok." Lanae stated, a attitude becoming self evident in her diction.

"I smell like paradise. What do you mean? I didn't realize how good he smelt. I mean sure, I knew he smelt amazing but oh my."

One would think when they return to their city, they would have the next day off but nope. Originally, Aria would've had the returning date free but she returned home rather early. She being who she was, she was heading in. She needed to. Work was there for her. Although, she could be lazy at times, as she grew older working became something she didn't mind encountering. Rather than thinking about what she was doing and nagging, the outcome settled in. At the end of the day she was making money, going home and sleeping in a comfortable bed. She had no reason to complain.

"Was it really necessary for you to call me during my break?" Aria asked as she placed her right earbud back into her ear after paying for her meal in the cafe. A small thank you was exchanged as the man handed her the Greek salad she ordered and lurked off into a distance.

"Yes, I told you I'm watching you. You woke up like the Ari I met before you met Daniel. You weren't like this before you went to the A. Are you ok, Aria? I'm worried." Her best friend sternly said through the phone. She had called twice before Aria noticed she missed her call. Missed calls had become typical but now that Aria was back in town and fulling aware of her surroundings, Lanae wasn't having it.

"Are you kidding me? You're calling me during my lunch break because you're worried about me? I'm worried about this salad, Lanae. My health depends on it, right now." Aria scoffed, her taupe heels clacking as she proceeded to past her coworkers and head over to one of the metal tables that was vacant.

"Aria, I need you to reconsider how you're talking to me right now." Lanae said laughing. Aria soon laughed afterwards.

"Whatever. Can I please eat my Greek salad now?" Aria asked as she settled into one of the metal chair and placed her items on the table. Gulping, she looked up and took in the café. A familiar frame emerged from his seat.

"Hey you!" Aria called after staring at the stranger who emerged from his seat for multiple minutes. He was on a mission, her voice hadn't carried across the room.

"Aria that was uncalled for. What have I told you about yelling in my ear?"

"Lanae, I'm going to call you back."

"No, Aria we're going to talk about this."

"Ok, dang." Aria said, her eyes still glued to the frame,"We'll talk about this when I get home. Love you. Bye." She rushed, sending smooches through the phone and ending the call.

"Slow down!" She tried, emerging from the table and chasing after him. A slight jog and the clack of her heels assured everyone she meant business.