CHAPTER 15 PART 1

EVELYN P.O.V.)

"Put this blindfold on", my mom said. I did as she command. "And don't your a** be trying to peek either", she implied as she grabbed my hand and began to lead me somewhere. I could here a door opening and closing behind me. "Take your blindfold off", Miranda said.

"Surprise!" I heard everyone yell as I took off my blindfold. I saw a

lot of my friends from school. "Mom, did you do this all by yourself?" I asked her as I looked at all the decorations on the walk. "No, I had help from your friends Eve, Christina, Dominique, and La'kiesha, and I'm about to go back to the house", she answered. "Alright", I said back to my mom. "And yal have this building from nine til two in the morning so do whatever the f*** teenager do these days", she stated.

"Trust me mom we about to turn up in the building", I said. "Don't turn up too much", she stated as she exited the building.

"Excuse me!" I yelled. Everyone got quiet. "Well, today is my eighteenth birthday, and I've been through a lot this week. But today I'm about to turn the f*** up like Kevin Hart in this b****, and I know yal got some weed and other shit in yal cars. Go get all that s***!" I stated. Over half of the people walked out the building. As they walked back into the building, I saw folks with weed and all that other good s***. I'm about to reach cloud nine today.

I made my way over to my four friends who were talking and laughing up a storm. "Happy birthday", they all said. "Thanks", I said back. "And we all heard about what happen with you and Travis, and we are all very sorry about what happened", La'kiesha said. "I'm okay you guys. I just have to go back to doctor if my period doesn't start soon, and I will have to have a pregnancy test", I stated honestly. "I hope your not pregnant", Dominique said. "I hope I'm not too", I stated. "Well lets all just forget about what has happened this week and turn up", Eve exclaimed. "Your right", I said.

I began to walk over to my homeboy Trey. I tell you this the only nigga I trust in the world. We been cool since we were about in third grade. We use to stay in trouble. All the teachers would say here comes double trouble when they see us together.

Trey is tall, and hes mixed with white, black, and puerto rican. I tell you this nigga is fine. Trey and I have talked in the past, but it didn't go so well at the time though. So we just went back to being friends.

"Whats up little mama?" Trey asked. "Nothing really and let me hit that", I said. He passed over to me. I took a puff. Then, I blew out of my nose. "This is just what I need", I said before taking another puff. "Girl hand me my s*** back", Trey said. "Nawl, you good nigga", I said to him. He snatched it out of my hand. "You don't never let me have any fun anymore like we use to", I whined. "Because my girl can't be doing all that, she got a future ahead of her", he stated. I know this nigga high. He calling me his girl and stuff. "Aww and nigga I aint your girl", I stated. "Its like that now huh?" he stated. "Yeah", I said.

I could now hear Red Nose by Sage the Gemini playing. I tell you thats my song. "Come dance with me", I told Trey as I pulled on his shirt. "Okay", he said. I grabbed his hand and led him. I started twerking all on Trey. I was having too much fun. Ever now and then he would grab my a**. I was starting to feel something poking me in my butt. "My bad Evelyn. You just got me little happy right now." he said. "I can tell. Your little friend been poking me in the a** for the last five minutes." I exclaimed as I began to laugh. "Well, thats what happens when I dance with a girl that is fine as f***", he stated. I could feel my cheeks getting hot. I was starting to blush. Thank God! I'm dark skinned.

I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I stopped dancing. There stood Nathan before me. "Happy birthday", he said as hand me a gift. I began to open it. Inside the box was a charm bracelet. "Thank you Nathan. It so beautiful." I declared. "Your welcome", he said. "Who is this?" I hear Trey ask. "Trey this my friend Nathan, and Nathan this is Trey my best guy friend in the world", I stated. They did a little handshake.