Chapter 13 Dressing

*I found my mistress in her room sitting by the vanity. She gave a look towards me through the mirror. I was already walking towards her.*

"What do you wish for me to do? Rather have you already gotten a bath and if so then I only need to help dress you and do your hair and makeup right?"

"Yes, I did that while you were getting cleaned up. You came out rather nicely."

"Your maid did a excellent job at cleaning the mud and blood from me. Now what type of party are you going to, causal or formal?"

*I was already going through my mistresses closet looking for suitable attire for casual and formal.*

"Formal, but I will need something loose due to the fact this is a mission from the king to do some snooping, which is why I summoned you, less risky than a demon and more likely to be able to kill without hesitation than an angel."

"I won't deny that, however as a fox familiar I am also less trustworthy than an angel and more likely to find loop holes than a demon."

"Still a better option in my opinion."

* I removed my mistresses current attire. That took about five minutes. I removed the under layer as I held the new one. The only thing was this eras form of bra was missing and the undergarments were a tad different...I think I made a mistake in identity.*

"I am sorry, I mistook you for a female with your features and attire."

"It doesn't matter, I have to do these missions with this identity so much it makes more sense to just dress this way and be referred as such."

*I gave a nod and put the layer over the undergarments on. I put the bustle on next and layer after layer I put on. I put the cage on then bustle pad on over it. The corset was next. I could feel my fave pale at it, but worked the contraption out lacing it behind.  I put the next layer over the corset as such and smoothed it out then slipped the dress over. I put the red and black dress over. It was loose, yet formal at the same time. Next was the hair. I grabbed a brush and began brushing the silky Burnett hair out. My... mistress hair went down to about shoulder length so hair styles were going to be a tad tricky since I never really worked with hair, then again neither with cloths so, maybe this would work. I started to do some normal braids, that didn't quit match the outfit though.  I started to do some fishtail braids and that looked better. My small hands worked quickly as I pined hair up and around making it into almost a crown, I left the res to the hair down as I formed the braided hair around and began curling the rest of the hair around my sharp nails then pulled down causing curls upon curls to form. I looked it over then put a red rose into the braided hairstyle and was satisfied with how it looked. I reached over at the vanity and grabbed some light pink lip stain to enhance the lips. I then reached for the eye shadow and gave a more neutral tone so it wasn't so overwhelming. I had finished just as the last minute had struck on the clock signalling six, we had to leave now.* 

"Very good, how often have you done this Verminmina?"

"First time."

"Impressive."

*I helped my mistress into the carriage and it sped off down the road with the clomping of hooves on rocks and hard dirt. I looked out the window watching the scenery pass. I was heading Alaxes advise and went on obey and doing as such with my moral intact. Something was placed in my hands and I looked down seeing a small piece of ribbon with a dragonfly on a leaf, then an eye patch with the same symbol.*

"The necklace is to show which house you belong to and the eye patch also, but it is also for your one eye, No need for you to go blind from the bright lights."

*I removed my old spiked collar with much care since it had embedded into my skin then threw it out the window as my skin healed over quickly and tied the much softer material around my neck. I put the black eye patch with the dragonfly and leaf embroidered white  around my head and then the straps were hidden by my hair. Now only my right eye was exposed to the light which wasn't as sensitive since it didn't get grazed with a whip lash then blood flowing into it as badly. I gave a small nod of thank to my mistress, but she was looking out the window. Soon about fifty five minutes into our ride a mansion came into view and bright lights were visible to where you could see people dancing and such in the mansion. Well this is this era, more civilized, less brutal; well publicly from hat I have seen so far. Not to say it isn't.*