Prologue

Prologue

"He's badass and he is so damn hot," Trudy, Skye's excitable best friend told her whilst they sat in their usual spot, watching over the city, soaking up the Vitamin D.

Skye smirked and rolled her eyes. "No, he's not. He's just some kid that everyone's scared of because he got in a fight last year," she replied, unimpressed by her friend's naïve judgement. "Well," Trudy started, propping herself up on her elbows and looking at Skye over the top of her sunglasses, "I heard he's moving colleges."

"And your point is?" Skye asked uninterested. Trudy smirked. "Like I said, he's hot. I might have a chance here...or maybe even you might have a chance." Skye almost choked as she took a sip of her drink. "Tee, if he is coming to our school, I doubt you'll even get near him. He's British."

Trudy didn't appreciate her friend's negative views but nevertheless, she loved her to pieces. "So are you. Guys aren't jumping at you," Trudy pointed out, grinning playfully. Skye narrowed her eyes and gave Trudy a playful shove causing her to tumble off the bonnet of the car. "That's because I had a boyfriend for two years. And he messed things up for me. So I'm damaged goods." Skye's mood had become bitter at the reminder of her ex.

Trudy didn't say anything further on the subject as she knew the heartache Skye had been through just last year. She stood up and brushed herself off, checking her phone, seeing that it was getting quite late and let out a heavy sigh. "Come on. We'd better get back. My mom will flip if I'm late home," she said, pulling the car door open.