Chapter Thirty Three

"Let go of the anger and pain in order to welcome new beginnings." -Rozine

Skye sat down at the table and started eating some fruit while Nathan quietly ate his bacon sandwich. "Tell me about the scar," he said cutting through the silence. Skye sighed.

"When he attacked me, he forced me to say these horrible things. He made me beg him to kill me and I refused so he hurt me. He made me scream your name and beg you to save me. I tried to refuse but he just kept hurting me. After a while I felt so numb. Next thing I knew, I woke up in hospital. I don't remember the specific moment I got the scar. It's the only thing I have left of him. And I really wish it wasn't there. It's just a constant reminder of what happened. I never wanted you to see it," she explained. Nathan took her hand in his and looked into her eyes.

"I really wish I was there for you. I should never have left you. I'm so sorry, Baby," he told her. "You did the best you could, Nathan. That's all I can ever ask of you," she replied.

Tom pulled Kelsey close to him. "Ssh," he soothed as she cried. The banging on the door was getting louder and more aggressive.

"We need to go now, Kels. We need to run as far as we can," he said as he pulled the window open. The two of them climbed out and Tom shut it behind him.

"Go down the fire escape. I'm right behind you," he told her. A hysterical Kelsey started climbing down the fire escape. She reached the ground at looked up to see Tom half way down the ladder. Her stomach flipped as she saw an aggressive looking stranger at the top of the ladder.

"Hurry up!" she almost screamed. Tom eventually reached the bottom of the ladder as the stranger began descending it. Tom looked up before grabbing Kelsey's hand and running away from the building.

Once they had reached the airport, Tom pulled Kelsey into a cupboard that was labelled 'Staff Only'. He took his phone out and dialled Skye's number.

Skye's phone started buzzing and she pulled away from Nathan's lips. She glanced at the caller ID and apparently Nathan had done the same by the grip on her wrist.

"Nathan," she spoke and looked at him. "Don't answer it," he replied. "He might be in trouble. Remember? You left him and Kelsey knowing they would get hurt."

Nathan sighed, feeling guilty and released Skye's wrist. She grabbed her phone and quickly answered the call. "Tom, are you okay?" she rushed. "Skye, thank god. They found us," he replied. "Shit. Where are you now?"

"At the airport. Is Nathan there?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'll put him on," she said and handed the phone to the Nathan. "What?" he snapped. "Nathan, we need your help," Tom replied. "Why should I help you?"

Skye hit him in the chest and Nathan frowned. "Where are you?" Nathan asked. "The airport."

"Book two tickets to Spain. You can stay at the villa," Nathan replied and glared at Skye. "See you soon," Tom said and hung up the phone. Skye reached out for her phone but Nathan put it in his pocket. She frowned at him but he ignored her and stood up. "Wanna give me my phone back?" she asked in annoyance.

"No."

"Nathan," she warned. He turned to look at her and creased his upper lip. "You don't scare me, Babe."

She stood up and looked up at him. "I don't give a shit. Give. Me. My. Phone. Back."

"Why should I trust you? You're in love with my best friend!" Nathan snapped. "Because relationships are meant to be built on trust!" Skye yelled, throwing her hands in the air hysterically. "Ha! You don't know what a relationship is. You left me when I was in a coma!"

"You know I had no choice!"

"Because what Tom says you do, right?"

"No! And don't you dare tell me about relationships! You forced me into this one! Terrified me! Turned my whole world upside down! I've lost my only family! My mum doesn't wanna know anymore. Casey is dead! He was murdered! And then Jace came for me! You know why?! Because of you!" she shouted with tears running down her cheeks. Nathan grabbed her wrist and looked down into her eyes. The darkness that had been in his eyes yesterday had returned and her heart skipped a beat.

"You'd be dead if it wasn't for me," he said in a cold tone before letting go of Skye and leaving the room.