Chapter Thirty

"Welcome back," the woman behind the desk greeted before she handed Skye back her passport. "Thank you," Skye replied and followed Nathan through to the luggage area of the airport. They picked up their bags and carried them through the airport.

"Do they know we're coming back?" Skye asked Nathan. "Tom does. But I have a feeling someone else does too," he replied protectively pulling Skye closer to him as they exited the airport. It was only a few minutes before Nathan grabbed her bag and placed it in the hand with his then grabbed her hand and started running down the street.

By the time they had reached Tom's flat Skye was knackered. Nathan dropped the bags outside the door and pulled her into a hug. "Sorry. I saw someone I used to know," he told her. "It's okay, I guess."

Nathan smiled and opened the door to Tom's flat. He picked the bags up and entered the flat. "Tom!" Nathan called. "Nath? Y'alright, mate," he said as he entered the room. Tom looked at Skye and grinned before wrapping his arms around her. "I'm so glad you're okay," he told her.

"Why wouldn't I be?" she asked as he let go of her. "When Nathan woke up we all knew you were in danger. That's why he flew out there," he explained and Skye nodded.

"All the stuff is ready, villa and all," Tom told Nathan. "Villa?" Skye questioned. "We're going to Spain," Nathan replied. "Great. Are you and Kelsey ready to go?" Skye asked Tom. "Babe," Nathan said, "They're not coming. It's just me and you."

"But they're in danger too," she pointed out. "Not as much as you, Skye."

"If they can't get to me then they'll go for second best which is these guys. You know that, Nathan."

"Tom can protect himself as well as Kelsey, Skye. My main priority is you. Now come on, we've got a plane to catch."

"I'm not leaving without them," Skye protested. "You don't have a choice," Nathan told her getting angrier. "Nathan, I will not let them get hurt!" she shouted. Nathan grabbed her arm and dragged her towards the front door. "Kelsey!" she screamed in a desperate attempt to save them. Kelsey came rushing out of the bedroom and looked at Nathan and Skye.

"Kelsey! You have to get your stuff now! You have to come with us to Spain!" Skye shouted. "Kelsey, don't listen to her. We're staying here," Tom told her. "Why are you doing this?! I'm trying to protect you!" Skye yelled in desperate frustration. Nathan had the front door open with Skye in one arm and the bags on the other.

"Tom!" she screamed as Nathan dragged her out of the flat. "I'll call you when we get there," Nathan said to Tom before shutting the front door. Nathan dragged Skye away from Tom's flat and towards the airport.

"Skye, you're only embarrassing yourself," he told her but she continued to protest as people watched them wade through the London crowds. Skye finally gave up protesting when they reached the airport.

Nathan pulled into the driveway and cut off the ignition. The two of them sat in silence for a few minutes. "Come on," Nathan finally spoke as he got out of the car and got the bags. Skye followed his lead as he walked up to the front door of the villa.

"Welcome to your new home," Nathan told Skye before unlocking the door and entering the villa. Skye followed him inside without saying a word. She sat down on the light coloured sofa and watched Nathan put the bags down. He walked past the sofa and pulled open the doors to reveal a pool. Skye almost gasped at how beautiful everything was but she was extremely angry at Nathan which overpowered any other thought or feeling she had.

"What is it Skye?" he asked before turning to look at her. "You left them to get tortured and possibly even killed. Your own friends," Skye said in disgust. "You think that was easy for me?! You think it wasn't hard to look Tom in the eyes and talk to him like I wasn't about to put his life in danger?!" Nathan shouted, becoming angry.

"Tom could get hurt! He could die! Anything could happen to him and we've just gone off to Spain like there's nothing wrong!"

"Skye, I have to protect you! Don't you understand that?!"

"Of course I do! But I don't want you to protect me if that means Tom gets hurt!" Skye yelled. Nathan stayed silent for a moment before walking over to her. "What about Kelsey?" he whispered and Skye suddenly realised her mistake. "W-what do you mean?" she stuttered.

"You're only talking about Tom."

"B-because he's just...l-like he's the...uh..."

"Come on," Nathan said stepping away from her, "Tell me what's so special about Tom."

Skye's stomach flipped. "I'm so sorry," she said as tears fell down her cheeks. "Say it," he spat. Skye shook her head. "Say it!" he yelled. "I love him," she cried. Nathan shook his head at her in disgust before walking out of the room leaving her alone to cry.

A/N: There's a picture of the room where the argument took place at the top.