Chapter Twenty Six

Tom dragged Jacob through the warehouse, back to the room where Jonathon was. He threw him on the floor in front of Jonathon and held the gun towards them. "Any last words?" Tom asked. "Don't do this. Don't kill us," Jacob begged. Tom smirked and walked over to Jacob. He bent down beside him and pushed the end of the gun against Jacob's cheek.

"I would never stoop as low as you," he whispered before taking the gun away from him and forcefully swinging it back towards his head. The blow caused Jacob to hit his head on the floor. "You deserve everything you get," Tom spat and kicked him in the stomach.

Tom turned to Jonathon and creased his upper lip. "You," he pointed the gun at his chest, "Are a disgusting human being. I hope you rot in prison."

Tom placed his foot on Jonathon's knee and pushed the chair backwards. It slammed down on the floor and a crack was heard indicating that Jonathon's hand had broken. "I should kill you both but I'd rather you went through hell for the rest of your life," Tom told them before kicking Jacob in the stomach again. He then did the same to Jonathon before exiting the room. He jogged over to the two police officers stood outside the room where Skye, Nathan and Jay were.

"The people responsible are in that room," Tom told them while pointing to the room he had just left, "and this is the gun they used."

Tom handed them the gun before going into the room they were stood outside. Skye was curled up in the corner of the room. Nathan and Jay were gone. Tom rushed over to her and tilted her chin towards him. "Let's get you home," he told her but she shook her head. "If I leave...it will all be real," she replied.

"Skye, you need to be brave for Nathan. There's no time for this. He needs you now more than ever," Tom explained. He didn't allow her to answer before he pulled her up from the floor. He took hold of her hand and walked her out of the room.

"Any news?" Siva asked as he rushed towards Jay. "Not yet," Jay replied. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I had to get checked out but I got the all clear. Where are Tom and Max?" Jay questioned. "They're back at the flat. Tom's going to bring Skye to the hospital as soon as possible," Siva explained as he sat down beside Jay. "They're going to have to go back to America," Jay said.

"I know. They're not safe here. Not now that Jonathon's locked up. People are going to try and get revenge on Nathan," Siva replied. Nathan and Skye were in more danger than they had been before. But the big lingering question was still unanswered. Would Nathan recover?

"Excuse me, are you relatives of Nathan?" someone asked. "I'm his brother," Jay lied. "Hi there, I'm Dr Jones," she introduced, "Nathan has just come out of surgery..."

"Skye, you have to get checked out. And we need to know how Nathan is," Tom told her. But with every word he spoke Skye was putting up more walls as she retreated back into her shell. "Listen to me!" Tom yelled with frustration. Skye cowered away from him but didn't say a word.

"Tom, you're scaring her," Max piped up. Tom shook his head in defeat and went into his bedroom. Max sat down on the sofa beside Skye and she looked up at him.

"Nathan told me practically everything about you," Max started, "he told me that all he ever wanted to do was protect you. He wanted to be there for you and never let you down. He said that he had never felt like he did when he was with you. You brought out the best in him. And he loves you."

Skye still didn't say a word as Max reminded her of just how much Nathan loved her. She couldn't stop the memories from flooding her mind of how ever since she had met Nathan all he tried to do was protect her. Memories of Jace's attempts to kill her came from a dark place in her mind. And as images of Casey begin to appear she could feel her heart aching. But through it all Nathan had protected her. He had tried his best to not let anyone hurt her.

"Don't give up on him, Skye," Max told her.

"Where's the doctor?" Tom asked as he found Jay and Siva at the hospital. "She's in the room," Jay replied. Tom went into the room where Nathan was and saw Dr Jones.

"Nice to see you again," Tom spoke. "Mr Parker, is it?" she asked and he nodded. "Nathan's surgery went as planned but I'm afraid the blow he had to his head has caused his brain to swell meaning he has fallen into a coma. Nathan's brother, Jay has told me that Nathan hit his head when he fell due to the impact of the bullet. I'm afraid we don't know when Nathan will wake up. It could be anything from an hour to years," she explained.

"There is still brain activity so there is every chance he may fully recover," she added before exiting the room quietly. Tom looked at Nathan and sighed. He would have to be the one to tell Skye that her boyfriend may never wake up.