Chapter Thirty One

Three days. Three days without one word from Nathan. Three days of Skye's constant guilt and tears. Three days of Nathan's resent towards Skye. Three days of Skye craving Nathan's attention. She had never wanted him more. But he wouldn't even touch her.

Skye placed two plates of pasta and tomato sauce on the table and sat down. "Nathan, I made you dinner," she called. Skye waited for a moment until Nathan came into the villa from where he had been sat outside. He walked over to the table and picked up his cutlery and plate before leaving the villa again.

Skye ran her hands through her hair before standing up and chucking her food in the bin. She washed up her plate before going outside to see Nathan sat on one of the outdoor chairs. He didn't even look up at her. She frowned and thought about how she could get his attention. She smiled to herself as she went back into the villa.

Nathan sighed and placed his empty plate on the outdoor table. He wondered if he was overreacting. His girlfriend had told him that she loved his best friend. Of course he wasn't overreacting. Why should he give her any attention? Why should he even care about her? She'd betrayed him.

Skye turned on the iPod docking station as she walked past it. Timber by Pitbull ft. Ke$ha started playing and she turned it up. Skye went outside, taking her shirt off as she did and glanced at Nathan who was frowning at her. She let her hair down and ran her hands down her skin. She was wearing a red bikini which covered very little. Skye got into the pool and swam to the other side before getting out. She let the water drip down her body as she ran her hands through her hair in front of Nathan. He stood up and she smirked. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards him. His hands wandered around her almost naked body as Animal by Conor Maynard started playing. Without saying a word, Nathan pulled her inside the villa and into the bedroom. He tilted her chin so she was looking up at him before kissing her. She pushed him onto the bed and stepped away from him.

"Not until you talk to me," she said. Nathan looked at her in surprise before huffing and walking out of the room. Skye went after him just as he was about to go back outside.

"Nathan! Please just give me some attention. Please?!" she begged realising how pathetic she actually sounded. Nathan shook his head and continued to walk out of the villa. Skye grabbed his wrist and...Nathan regretted it as soon as he did it. Skye took a few steps back and held her hand over the cheek Nathan had just slapped. She looked up at him with tears in her eyes.

"Skye," he said and stepped towards her. She ran into the bedroom and slammed the door shut. She pushed a chair in front of it before running to the over side of the room and curling up in the corner.

It wasn't long before Nathan knocked on the door. He pushed the door open and moved the chair back to its previous position. Nathan walked over to her and she cowered away from him in fear.

"I'm so sorry, Babe."

Skye didn't say a word as he bent down in front of her. "Skye, look at me." She shook her head and he took her hand in his. "You know I'd never hurt you intentionally. I was just angry. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done it. Just look at me, Skye, please."

Skye warily looked up at Nathan and his heart ached as he saw the red mark on her tear stained cheek. He tilted her chin upwards slightly and kissed the red mark several times before kissing her lips. He pulled her up from the floor and took her out to the living room. He sat her down and looked into her eyes.

"When you told me you loved Tom it crushed me. I love you more than I've ever loved anyone or anything and I guess that makes it hurt more," Nathan told her.

"There is nothing I want to do more than tell you that I lied to you, that I don't love Tom but I can't lie to you. I love you, I really do Nath. But you left me twice. How was I meant to cope without you after you'd turned my life upside down? I was in so much pain. But Tom was there for me every time you weren't. Of course I love him. And I want to tell you that I love him as a friend or a brother but I don't. I love him as more than that," she explained.

"I'm so sorry, Skye. The first time I left you I thought I was doing right. I thought I was protecting you but as soon as I realised I wasn't I came right back. The second time, I gave my life for you. I didn't even have to think about that decision. Of course I would choose your life over mine. You deserve only the best and God only knows why you think I am."

Skye stayed silent for a moment before talking again. "I have completely and wholly fallen for you. Everything you do, everything you say, everything you are. You're my first thought in the morning and you're my last thought before I fall into a wonderful sleep where you're my dreams. I want to be with you forever and I am so sorry I love Tom. If I could stop those feelings I would. But right now, I can't. So please hold me, trail kisses down my arm, tell me I'm your one and only and I'll tell you that you're mine. And give me all your love in case the sun doesn't shine when we awaken," she spoke.

Nathan took her in his arms and kissed her hair.

"You're all mine, every last piece of you. And nothing can ever change that," he whispered.