Chapter Sixteen

"Ready to go?" Tom asked. Skye nodded and followed him towards the door."Later, Lads!" he called as the two of them left the flat. Skye slipped her hand in Tom's, knowing it'd make her feel safer and less nervous. He squeezed her hand lightly as they approached the airport. Skye noticed that people walked around the two of them instead of knocking into them and she pinned this down to Tom's bad boy nature.

The two of them entered the airport and Skye looked around nervously knowing that Nathan would be here soon. All she wanted to do was hug him and kiss him. She hated him for leaving her but she wasn't about to spend their last few moments together fighting.

"Just chill out," Tom told Skye. She bit her lip and anxiously checked the time. He would be here soon.

"He's there," Tom spoke quietly as he nodded towards Costa. Skye's eyes landed on a group of men dressed in camouflage wear. Her eyes searched the group of soldiers for Nathan and her whole face lit up when she saw him, sipping from a disposable Costa cup.

Skye dropped Tom's hand and shoved through the airport's crowd toward the group of soldiers. A few of them looked at her when she finally reached them but she just shoved past them and looked up at Nathan. He stopped talking to his friend and turned to look at the small girl at his side. Skye grinned at him as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Princess," he whispered as he pulled away slightly. Nathan smiled and kissed her. "I've missed you so much," she whispered as Nathan let go of her. "I've missed you too. What are you doing here?" he asked. "I had to see you," she answered.

Nathan tucked some of her hair behind her ear and kissed her forehead. His touch alone was enough to make her stomach flutter and her skin tingle. "We have to go," one of the group told Nathan. The other soldiers left him standing with Skye and she looked up at him and shook her head as tears threatened to spill down her cheeks. "Please don't do this to me again," she almost whispered. Nathan placed his hand on her cheek and sighed. "I'm so sorry, Skye," he replied and kissed her cheek.

"Don't go," she begged. The look of pain on her face was killing him. "I have to. This is to keep you safe," he said as he wrapped his arms around her again. "I love you," Nathan whispered.

"You can't leave," Skye told him, "someone tried to take me yesterday. Tom saved me. You say you want to keep me safe? Well, I'm not safe if you're not here." She was desperate, that much was clear.

Nathan's muscles tensed and he let go of her. "Who was it?" he asked. "I don't know. But I think Tom knew him." Nathan sighed before kissing Skye once again. "Goodbye, Skye. I'll be home soon," he said before walking away from her. Skye watched Nathan in disbelief as he walked away from her. How could he just leave her when someone was trying to kidnap her? Tom came up behind Skye and held her hand.

"He'll be home soon," Tom told her and hugged her. Tears fell down Skye's cheeks as she thought about losing Nathan again. She just wanted him to hold her and tell her that everything was going to be okay.

"Come on. Let's go home," Tom said as the two of them walked toward the exit. Skye couldn't ignore the horrible feeling in the pit of her stomach. She knew that Nathan wasn't safe. It wasn't just about him leaving her anymore. She was terrified for his life.

"Skye," someone said from behind her. She let go of Tom's hand and spun around to see where the voice was coming from. Nathan was stood about ten metres away from her, his eyes dead set on her. "Promise me something?" he asked raising his voice over the crowds. "Anything," she answered.

"Promise me you won't find someone else," he told her. Skye shook her head straight away. "There's only you, Nathan," she replied. His lips curled into a smile and he asked, "Did you really think I'd leave you when there is so much danger here?"

"You're not going?" I questioned and he shook his head. "I won't let you feel this pain anymore," he said. Tears flooded down Skye's cheeks as she ran towards him. She jumped up and wrapped her legs around his waist while he held her in his arms. "You're mine, Princess," he whispered and kissed her.