Chapter Seventeen

Skye hummed as Nathan kissed the corner of her mouth. "Open your eyes," he whispered. Skye's eyes fluttered open to see two green orbs staring down at her. "Morning," he spoke and kissed her. She smiled and rolled out of bed. The two of them got dressed before going into the living room where Tom, Max, Siva and Jay were sat.

"Good morning," Skye smiled. "Afternoon," Jay corrected, smirking at her. "I'm thinking a takeaway then a night out," Max said, taking the focus off Nathan and Skye.

Skye looked at Nathan a little confused. "What time is it?" she asked. "Three," Jay replied and Nathan winked at her.

"Cup of tea anyone?" she asked, looking for an excuse to get out of the room and escape the conversation. She received a chorus of 'yes's before leaving the room. Skye flicked the kettle on in Tom's small and simple kitchen and placed six mugs on the counter. Nathan slipped his arms around Skye's waist as she dropped a tea bag into each of the mugs.

"Two sugars," he whispered in her ear. "I know how you like your tea, Nathan," she replied as she felt his lips touch the skin on her shoulder. Skye relaxed knowing she was safe in his arms.

"Sorry to interrupt," Tom spoke up, making his presence in the kitchen known. Skye turned around in Nathan's arms and turned her head to the side so she could see around his body.

"There's someone on the phone claiming to be your boyfriend," Tom told her. Skye rolled her eyes as she knew exactly who it was and she presumed Nathan did too. Nathan released her and took her phone from Tom.

"You little shit!" he growled into the phone. Skye watched him in shock as he became angrier with every word Jace said. "If you ever touch her ever again, I'll make sure it's the last thing you do," Nathan spoke harshly into the phone. Skye immediately tried to get the phone from him.

"Jace! I'm so sorry!" she shouted as Nathan pushed her away but didn't cause her any harm. "You're dead when I get back to America," Nathan spat before hanging up the phone. He slammed the phone down on the counter so hard that it would be a miracle if it hadn't broken. Skye was furious.

"That's my phone, you prick! Why did you do that?!" she shouted at him and shoved her palms hard against his chest. Nathan took a step back, losing his balance from the impact of Skye's shove. He clenched his fists and his jaw and glared at Skye.

"Tom," he spoke through gritted teeth, knowing he was unsure if he could control his anger around her. Tom grabbed hold of Skye and dragged her out of the room. "Get off me!" she protested as she tried to wriggle out of his hold. He pinned her down on the floor as she continued to struggle. It only took her a few minutes to give up fighting.

"Let me go," she told him and he smirked before releasing her. She got up off the floor and frowned at Tom. "Want to explain?" she asked, her annoyance evident in her tone.

"He's angry. He doesn't want to hurt you," Tom told her so casually it was like it happened every day. He sat down on the sofa and made himself comfortable.

"Go and get a takeaway, lads," Tom spoke. Siva, Max and Jay grabbed their coats and grinned at me before leaving the flat. Tom patted the sofa beside him and Skye rolled her eyes at him before sitting down. "We need to talk," Nathan said as he came into the living room. He sat down on the coffee table in front of the sofa and nodded at Tom.

"Remember the guy at the airport who tried to take you?" Tom asked and Skye nodded while wincing at the memory of the deceiving man who had tried to forcefully drag her out of the airport just a couple of days ago. "He works for a very dangerous man who really doesn't like Nathan," Tom explained.

"It's kind of related to my parents' accident. This man will do anything to see me suffer. He won't cause me physical pain because he knows that won't do much to me. But he knows you're my girl and he knows that you're my weakness. That's why that guy tried to take you. He was going to do horrible things to you, Skye, things that you wouldn't even find in your worst nightmares," Nathan explained. Nathan had said enough to scare her so much she felt trapped. She couldn't run because they'd find her.

"But we won't let him hurt you," Tom reassured her, seeing the panicked expression on her face. "It's important that you stay with me, Tom, Max, Siva or Jay at all times. We'll protect you. I'm not going to let them take you away from me. I love you so much," Nathan told her.

Skye kissed one of her fingertips and pressed it to Nathan's lips. He smiled as she took it away. "You'll be okay," he whispered.

Tom placed a tray of alcoholic drinks on the table before sliding into the booth. "A fiver on Max," Tom said as he glanced at the gyrating, sweaty bodies that occupied the dancefloor. "Nah, my bet's on Jay," Nathan replied. "It's on!" Tom shouted.

Skye looked at them both questioningly. "We're betting on who's going to get laid tonight," Nathan told her. She giggled and shook her head at their stupidity. She had a sip of her drink before Nathan grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the booth. He placed his hands protectively around her waist.

"Dance with me," he whispered like she had a choice. Skye moved around the dancefloor, allowing Nathan to lead the way. She couldn't quite believe how safe and wanted she felt when she was with Nathan. He made her feel so special.

"I love you," he stated matter-of-factly and kissed her.

Once the song was over, Skye dragged Nathan back to the booth where Tom and Max were now sat. "He's gonna lose," Nathan said with a wink referring to the lonely Max.

I checked Nathan's phone for the time. "I'm gonna go back to the flat," Skye said, suddenly realised how tired she actually felt. "I'll walk you," Tom volunteered. Nathan nodded in approval before Skye followed Tom out of the club.

As the two of them walked away from the club, the music died out. "Can I ask you something?" Skye asked. "Shoot," he replied, almost instantly. "Why are you helping Nathan in protecting me? I mean, you barely know me and I'm Nathan's girlfriend."

Tom smiled. "Nathan's like my little brother. I've known him most of his life. He's a good lad at heart. He doesn't want you hurt and neither do I. I'm not going to say that I don't care for you because I do. If I didn't, I wouldn't have gone looking for you every few hours at the airport," he explained, making Skye smile.

"You're a good guy, Tom," she said as they reached his flat. As Tom unlocked the door, she placed a hand on his arm and looked up into his eyes. "Thank you, Tom, for everything."