Chapter Twenty Five

Nathan slammed into the wooden door once more but it wouldn't budge. "Let me out! You bastard!" he yelled in frustration. "Nathan, just leave it," Jay told him. "Leave it?! They could be doing anything to Skye right now! Don't tell me to leave it when I chose your life over her safety!" Nathan spat before slamming his fists against the door once again.

"Alright, alright!" Jonathon shouted as he unlocked the door. Nathan stepped back so he could open the door before grabbing Jonathon by his shirt and pinning him against the wall. "I'll kill you," he growled and pulled his fist back ready to hit Jonathon. "I wouldn't if I were you. Your girlfriend is still in the hands of Jacob," Jonathon replied. "Jay," Nathan spoke, "help me tie him to a chair. I'll come back for him later."

Jay grabbed hold of Jonathon and helped Nathan push him down into the chair and tie him there. Nathan ran out of the room with Jay in tow. "Skye!" he called desperately, "Where are you?!"

She didn't reply as he looked around frantically for any sign of her. He ran over to the first door he saw and barged into it. It opened immediately but Skye wasn't in the room. Jay and Nathan kept barging through doors until they came to one they couldn't get through.

"Skye!" Nathan shouted as he slammed his fists against the door. He heard her sobs and immediately started trying to break down the door. "Jay, help me!"

They both barged into the door which was luckily enough force to open it. Jacob was holding a gun to Skye's head. Nathan's heart broke as he saw Skye's ripped clothes. Her sobs were killing him. "Take another step and I'll kill her," Jacob threatened.

"Don't! It's me you want so kill me, not her," Nathan told him. He grinned and turned the gun to Nathan but didn't let go of Skye. "No, please don't," Skye sobbed, trying to reach for his arm. "I love you Skye," Nathan said and closed his eyes. "Goodbye Nathan," Jacob spoke and pulled the trigger.

"No!" Skye screamed as the bullet hit Nathan and he fell to the floor. Every part of her ached as his body crumpled before her eyes. The room went silent and her heart shattered. It felt as though she had just died inside. Skye turned to look at Jacob who was grinning. Before she even knew what she was doing she had pounced on him.

"You murderous bastard!" she yelled as she threw her hands wildly at him. "Someone get her off me," Jacob yelled as he tried to grab her wrists. She swiped the gun from the ground and took a few steps back from him. "You killed my boyfriend!" she screamed with tears running down her face. All that was on her mind was the fact that Jacob had killed Nathan. Her heart was broken.

"Skye," Tom spoke. She glanced to her right to see him stood in the doorway. "He killed Nathan," she cried. "But killing him isn't going to bring Nathan back," Tom told her. Skye heard Jay speak but didn't listen to what he was saying.

"Skye, this isn't who you are. Don't let yourself become this," Tom said. "Nathan is gone! I have nothing left!" she sobbed. "He's not dead, Skye!" Jay shouted as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and called an ambulance.

Tom walked over to Skye and took the gun out of her hands. He wrapped his arms around her and held her as she cried. She was falling apart. Jacob got up from the floor and started towards the door but he froze when he heard the gun click.

"Don't even think about it," Tom spoke, "You're gonna go down for attempted murder, assault, kidnapping and sexual abuse."

Jacob didn't say anything more nor did he move another muscle. "Where's Jonathon?" Tom asked. "Back in the first room by the door," Jay replied. Tom let go of Skye and she fell to her knees beside Nathan.

"I'll be back soon," Tom said as he grabbed hold of Jacob and dragged him out of the room. Skye took Nathan's hand in hers and squeezed it lightly. He looked at her and it broke her heart seeing how weak he was.

"You have to stay awake, Nathan," she told him while tears continued to stream down her cheeks, "We're going away remember. No one can hurt us. A new beginning, just me and you."

Sirens could be heard in the distance and Skye almost felt relieved. "Stay with us, mate," Jay said, "They're nearly here."

Nathan closed his eyes and Skye panicked. "Baby, don't close your eyes. Don't leave me. Nathan," she cried. Skye kissed the back of his hand then held it against her chest as Nathan fell out of consciousness.