Chapter Eighteen

"I promise I'll be back soon," Nathan told Skye, reluctant to leave her. "Okay. I'll see you later," she replied and kissed him. He flashed her a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes before following the lads out of the flat. Max, Siva, Jay and Nathan had gone to talk to someone about protecting Skye. She didn't know anything else about it as Nathan was sparing any details that she didn't need to know.

Tom threw a book on the sofa and Skye looked down at it. "You Against Me," Skye read the title aloud. "It's a good book. Give it a read sometime," he told her. "I just might," she smiled.

"So how long have the five of you known each other?" Skye asked as Tom sat down beside her. "I've known Nathan the longest. And I met Max seven years ago. And Jay and Siva three years ago," he replied. "So you're really good friends then?"

"Yeah," he smiled, "the best." The two of them sat in silence for a moment as Skye thought about the last few months. She had a relatively normal life until Nathan had come in and made her whole world hectic.

"Do you ever wish you hadn't met him...Nathan, I mean?" Tom asked her, as if reading her mind. She looked up at him and frowned slightly before relaxing her face. "I want to answer that question without hesitating. But I know that I'd like it if my life was still relatively normal. Even though I got crap about Casey everyday, it was still okay. I love Nathan and I can't change the fact that he's a part of my life. But now that he's here, I don't want him to leave."

"Don't you miss Casey though?" he asked. Skye looked at him questioningly. "Nathan told me about him," Tom told her. "I do miss him but I love Nathan more than I ever loved him. And he broke my heart. I'll never forgive him for that," Skye explained to him.

"Tell me about Jace," Tom piped up. "Jace? Well, when I first met him he had just moved from Utah to Los Angeles. He was really sweet at first and I preferred him to Nathan. Then Nathan kind of forced me to be with him and Jace stayed away. Until Nathan left. Then Jace got it into his head that he was my boyfriend. So now I'm not very fond of him," Skye explained.

"He sounds like a prick," Tom commented, making her smirk. "He really is."

"Listen, I have to just run to the airport to pick up my girlfriend," Tom started. "You have a girlfriend?" Skye questioned, receiving a nod from Tom. "Yeah, she's just come back from her world K2K Stars tour," he informed her. Skye raised her eyebrows, clearly not having a clue what he was talking about. "I'll let her explain," he said and stood up, "stay here. Don't even think about leaving the flat. In fact, I'll lock the door so you won't be able to. Okay?"

Skye smirked. "I mean it, Skye," Tom added, his tone serious. She nodded like a child who'd just been scolded by their father as Tom walked towards the door. "Goodbye, Tom," she said with a smile. He shook his head at her and chuckled before leaving the flat and locking the door behind him.

Tom jogged along the pavement to the airport. He couldn't help but smile at the thought of seeing his girlfriend after five months away from her. He looked through the crowds and saw the two blonde girls stood next to Costa with their suitcases. The smile on his face only grew wider as he jogged over to the two of them. "Hey, gorgeous," he said. His girlfriend, Kelsey's face lit up as she looked up at him.

"Babe!" she squealed as he wrapped his arms around her. He spun her round before placing her back on the ground and kissing her. "I've missed you so much," he told her as he pulled away. "I've missed you too," she smiled. Tom looked down at the other blonde girl and smiled.

"Hello," he said to his girlfriend's best friend and gave her a hug. "I'll see you both later," she said to the happy couple before leaving them. "Ready to go then?" Tom asked, taking his girlfriend's suitcase. Kelsey nodded and followed Tom out of the airport.

Meanwhile, Skye had picked up the book Tom had left her and started reading it. She had missed reading as she hadn't really had the opportunity to do so since she'd met Nathan. He had turned her world upside down. But she never wanted him out of her life.

For the past few days, Skye's mum hadn't given up on calling her. Skye never answered the phone. Nathan had spoken to her mum yesterday when she had rung and reassured her that everything was alright but that didn't stop her from calling every single day.

Skye placed the book on the coffee table as the door was unlocked and Tom entered the flat. "Hey," Skye smiled as he grinned at her. She glanced at the blonde girl who was following Tom into the flat and smiled at her too.

"Kelsey, this is Nathan's girlfriend, Skye," Tom introduced. "Hi," she smiled and gave Skye a little wave. "Hey," Skye replied, mimicking her wave.

"Cup of tea anyone?" Tom asked as he went into the kitchen. "Please," the two girls both said. Kelsey giggled and sat beside Skye on the sofa. "So how'd you and Nathan meet?" she asked her, making conversation. "He went to my college back in LA," I answered. "Really? No offense but you don't really look like his type, I mean, he's bad boy and you're...cute."

"He kind of forced me into it. But that sounds a lot worse than it is," I told her. "No, that sounds about right for Nathan," Kelsey said and they both laughed. "I do love him though," Skye smiled.

"It'll be nice to see him happy," Kelsey replied.