What A Simple Matter Can Lead To

(A/N: I have no clue what I'm doing... I was at book club, and a Lockwood and Co. book was one of the choices, so I took one. I'm now obsessed with it... Oops... And I now ship Locklyle... What am I doing with my life?... I'm also going to refrence to the show Chowder, created by C.H. Greenblatt. Oh, and character's thoughts will from now on be in italics, and I might try to update every Sunday, eastern time. Anyways, happy reading!)

Disclaimer: No, I am not Jonathan Stroud. If I was, I would be working on The Creeping Shadow, not these locklyle fanfictions. I do not own Chowder, either, if I did, I would be... What would I be doing? Chowder already ended.

"LOCKWOOD!!! Lucy screamed.

UH-OH! IS SHE OKAY? I HOPE SHE'S NOT HURT! Lockwood thought frantically. Wait... Why don't I just ask what's wrong... He thought again, calming himself down.

"Are you okay, Lucy?" He replied as calmly as possible.

"NO, I COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP RIGHT ABOUT NOW!" Lucy yelled.

Running upstairs as fast as possible, Lockwood headed towards Lucy's bedroom, hoping that she would be alright.

"I don't see a problem..." He said, slightly relived.

"HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THE PROBLEM?" Lucy screeched.

"I still have no clue what you're talking about. All I see is a moth." Lockwood said calmly, still puzzled.

"EXACTLY!" Lucy said. "THAT'S THE PROBLEM! THERE IS A MOTH ON MY DOOR!

"...Luce, calm down. It won't hurt you. Really, how could a moth scare you, anyways? You've faced plenty of ghosts, and a moth is what scares you. Be rational."

"I DON'T CARE! GET IT AWAY FROM HERE! I WANNA GO INTO MY ROOM!"

"...okay Lucy, if I get rid of the moth for you, will you calm down?" Lockwood said, remaining calm.

"Yes, yes I will." Lucy said, finally not screaming.

Lockwood then proceeded to grab a jar capture the moth in it, and set it free outside. Lucy was stunned at his "amazing feat of bravery" and kept asking how he carried out this "hard task".

"How did you do that?" Lucy asked with a curious and astonished look on her face.

"Lucy, I literally just grabbed a jar, trapped the moth, and released it outside. It really wasn't that hard." Lockwood said, shrugging nonchalantly.

"Are you sure? Because the moth was really big and scary looking-"

"Lucy, the moth was not big and scary looking, it was a tiny little moth."

"If you say so..." Lucy said, not believing a single word he said.

"I do say so. It really wasn't that hard, Luce." Lockwood assured her.

"Okay, fine," she said. "I guess it wasn't that hard."

Lockwood then proceeded to give her one of those amazing gigawatt smiles of his that made her go slightly crazy on the inside.