Dreams

(A/N: I'm still here? Writing one shots? This is an accomplishment for me. Even if I still don't have a single clue about what I'm doing, at least I'm still here. Happy Reading!)

Disclaimer: If I were Jonathan Stroud, Locklyle would be way more obvious in the books.

"Lockwood, I'm scared." Lucy called out.

"You're going to be okay, Lucy, just stay right where you are. I'm coming to find you."

"Lockwood... I'm trapped in a closet. The door is locked, and I don't know where the key is. To make matters even worse, I don't have anything to defend myself with. I dropped my belt at some point earlier tonight, and I still haven found it." Lucy said with fear evident in her voice.

"Don't worry, I'll come and get you. Just stay. Calm."

"AHHH!!! LOCKWOOD, HURRY!!! I'M SURROUNDED!!!"

"LUCY, YOU'RE GOING TO BE OKAY! I'M GOING TO GET YOU OUT OF THERE!"

"LOCKWOOD!" Lucy screamed.

"I'M ALMOST THERE!" lockwood said, getting closer and closer to the sound of Lucy streaming.

"HURRY!" Lucy screamed again.

There was just one last scream, and suddenly, everything was silent.

Uh-oh... Is she okay? Did she die before I could save her? Lockwood thought frantically. NO! IT CAN'T BE THAT! ANYTHING BUT THAT! Lockwood was trying to push away those bad thoughts, but to no avail. I hope she's okay...

Lockwood was now standing outside of the closet Lucy was locked in.

"Lucy...?" Lockwood said, knocking the door.

Nothing.

"Lucy...?" Lockwood tried again.

"Uh... Lucy?" Lockwood said anxiously, his voice an octave higher than usual.

"LUCY? Lockwood cried desperately, banging on the door.

Lockwood then frantically looked for a key. Finally finding one, he unlocked the door. What he saw was his worst nightmare come true.

Lucy was sprawled across the floor, completely blue.

Lockwood did the only thing he could think of, and that was sit down and cry.

"You must have put up a brilliant fight, I just wasn't fast enough... I just wasn't fast enough to save you..." Lockwood said in between sobs. "And Lucy, I know that this doesn't matter at all anymore, but... I love you. You were my reason for everything I did. Remember when I caught you right before you threw yourself into that well at COMBE CAREY??? IS THAT FRIGGIN RIGHT?!? I was absolutely terrified. Just the thought of never seeing you again terrified me more that anything else. And now that you're gone, I- I don't even know anymore, Lucy. You kept me going. You fueled my with determination and kept me going. Now what can I do? Will you come back as a ghost? Will I ever see you again? I- I'm going to miss you, Lucy Carlyle." Lockwood was now full on crying, spilling out his heart and telling Lucy every feeling that he's ever had towards her.

Suddenly, he woke up.

Wha- wait... If that was all just a dream- no, the most terrifying nightmare I've ever had in my life, then that means that Lucy's alive! Lockwood thought, relieved and frantic at the same time.

He then ran into the kitchen, tripping on basically everything in his path, to find Lucy sitting at the table.

"LUCY!" Lockwood exclaimed, runng over towards her. "YOU'RE ALIVE!"

"Well of course- wait- what?" Lucy said, confused.

"Lucy, I love you, and I always have." Lockwood then swooped down and kissed Lucy.

"I love you too." Lucy said after their kiss, and kissed Lockwood again.

(Again, I'm sorry, but I literally just wrote about all of this...)