Power Outage

(A/N: This is dedicated to Lucy_J_Carlyle since she requested this. Thanks fror requesting, and I hope you like it! Happy Reading!)

It was a stormy day, and Lockwood, Lucy, and George were all sitting around playing go fish when all of a sudden, the power went out.

Lucy instinctively grabbed onto Lockwood, Lockwood instantly comforted Lucy, while George just sort of sat there, with his eyes wide.

As soon as Lucy realized what was happening, she froze up and then let go of Lockwood.

"Lucy, are you okay?" Lockwood asked worriedly.

"Uh huh. I just... Didn't expect the power to go out." Lucy said.

"If you're sure..." Lockwood muttered.

"Why did the power even go out?" George said. "We were in the middle of something!"

"Well... I mean, it is storming outside, and there's a lot of thunder and lightning, so..." Lucy said.

"So what? The weather just so happens to decide that it can-" George was stopped by Lucy.

"Well, no... It's just that... Lightning can strike a power line, and make the power line fall, which-"

"Lucy, I'm not stupid." George interjected. "I know what probably happened."

"He just needs some time to complain." Lockwood said. "Well, let's get ready for a long night ahead of us. Lucy, I want you to stay with me, since you are the newest employee-"

"I'm really not that new anymore, I mean, I've been working here for how long now?" Lucy said.

"Nine months, three weeks, two days, and 5.7 hours." Lockwood said.

Lucy's eyes widened, and she blinked twice.

"H-how in the world do you know that?" Lucy exclaimed.

"Um... Never mind that." Lockwood muttered.

Why did I do that? Lockwood thought. I'm so stupid!

"Well, here. George, grab the sleeping bags, blankets, and pillows. Lucy, follow me and we'll get the torches." Lockwood said.

"Shouldn't someone stay here and watch out for visitors?" Lucy asked. "I can-" Lucy was then cut off by Lockwood.

"Lucy, no. George can do it. Then we'll come back with the torches and we can all grab supplies."

"Okay..." Lucy muttered.

"Good." Lockwood said, walking out of the room. Once he was out, he started talking to Lucy, and then when he waited for a reply, thought that Lucy wasn't being very talkative.

"Luce? Are you even going to say anything? I asked you if you preferred red roses or white ones." Lockwood said. "... Lucy?" He then turned around, and noticed that Lucy wasn't there. He then ran back to the original room. Once he was there, he saw that Lucy was lost in deep thought.

Why is Lockwood being so protective of me? He knows that I can handle this type of stuff... It's just a bit dark, that's all... But I have to admit, he does do a good job of taking control of situations, like that one time that we were at Combe Carey, and I almost jumped into the well... I could have almost kissed him! ... I usually could always almost kiss him... No, nonononoNO! He's your boss, Lucy, and he wouldn't ever fall for a girl like you...