Fireworks

(A/N: I know, I know, I'm a terrible person because I posted this so late... I realized that the fourth of July was tomorrow and I thought of this, but it isn't the fourth of July because not everyone celebrates it, and I'm sure that Lockwood and Co. wouldn't, since they're in Great Britain. At least I have more ideas for future fanfictions now! Happy Reading!)

Disclaimer: No. I did not write Lockwood and Co. I'm not creative enough to.

"Lockwood, come on!" Lucy whined. "I want to get there early so that we get a good spot! Even George is done!"

"I'm almost done, lucy." Lockwood sighed. Seeing Lucy so excided over something was truly beautiful. "Just let me grab some food-"

"THERE'S NO TIME FOR FOOD!" lucy yelled, grabbing Lockwood's arm and dragging him out of 35 Portland Row.

"What about George?" Lockwood asked.

"... Oops." Lucy muttered, stopping dead in her tracks. She then turned around slowly and came face to face with a mad George.

"Forgetting someone?" George growled.

"Sorry George, I just got really excited about the fireworks and the fun and-" George then cut off Lucy.

"And you forgot the food!" George said, holding up a picnic basket. "You didn't even bother to pack it!"

He worries about food too much. Lockwood thought.

"I'm sorry!" Lucy pleaded. "I just really want to get to the fireworks and it's my fault that we didn't pack any food because I dragged Lockwood out of the house when he was about to do it. That's also the reason that we were about to leave without you. I'm sorry..."

"It's fine... Just don't leave without me- or the food, again. Ever." George said matter of factly.

"Okay..." Lucy muttered.

"Now come on, Lucy said that she wanted to get there early!" Lockwood said, walking away from 35 Portland Row quickly.

"Uh... Lockwood, you're not even walking in the right direction..." Lucy said, laughing a bit and smiling so brightly it almost rivaled Lockwood's smile.

Gosh, she looks so pretty when she smiles. Lockwood thought, smiling and getting a faraway look in his eyes. She needs to smile more.

"... Lockwood?" Lucy asked.

"Hm? Oh, sorry, what?" Lockwood said.

"You weirdo." Lucy said, laughing even more now. "Let's go." Lucy said, dragging Lockwood towards the park.

"Uh, hello? I still exist!" George said.

"Just come on!" Lucy said.

"Ugh, fine." George moaned.

"So... Um... " Lockwood said, trying to make conversation. Thankfully they had arrived at the park.

"LOOK WE'RE HERE! Lucy squealed.

"She looks so happy..." Lockwood said quietly.

"I see that Lockwood likes a certain someone." George said, smirking.

"Uh... No I don't." Lockwood said, blushing a bit.

"Oh yes you do. I can tell." George said. "The way you stare at her, the way you remember every single detail about her." George said.

"No I don't..." Lockwood muttered.

"Oh yeah, let me test that. Quick! What's Lucy's favorite color? What's her favorite ice cream flavor? How about her favorite place in the house?"

"Blue and purple, chocolate mint, and and the couch." Lockwood said.

"See?" George said. "You do."

Wow... I really do know a lot about Lucy...

"Guys, help me set this stuff up!" Lucy said.

"Coming Luce!" Lockwood said, walking as fast as possible to Lucy.

"Ugh." George moaned.

"Here we go." Lucy said, sitting down on the blanket. "We're done!"

"And just in time too, look!" Lockwood said, pointing to a firework that suddenly exploded in the sky.

"It's beautiful..." Lucy said breathlessly.

"But not as beautiful as you." Lockwood said, looking as Lucy and smiling.

"What?" Lucy said, wonder in her eyes.

"God, your beautiful." Lockwood said, not realizing that he said it out loud.

Without thinking, Lockwood kissed Lucy under a firework filled sky.

"I love you, Lockwood."

"I love you too, Lucy."

And they stayed there, Lucy leaning against Lockwood, and watching the fireworks.