~Chapter four

We jumped into Jack's Jeep Grand Cherokee and drove off, away from the house of hell. And during that trip I couldn't stop thinking about the feeling I got in my stomach when I was near Jack. It was similar to the feeling I get when I'm near Jc. I don't know what that means.

"Are you ok, Aria?" Jack was stopped at a stop sign and looked at me under his sunglasses. I nodded but he gave me a look. "You haven't said anything. do you want to talk about it?"

"Thank you, Jack." I put my hand on his arm.

"For what?" He seemed like actually didn't know what had just happened.

"For being my friend and not leaving me there."

"I would never have left you there." He turned left into a driveway. The driveway was about a mile long, but as smooth as heavenly possible. "Sawyer probably isn't home because he normally works the day shift so he can see the new arrivals, but Andrea should be here."

We finally pulled up to a log cabin. It wasn't very big or at least it didn't look like it from the outside. It had to be the size of a regular three story home. I loved the look of vintage it had yet you could tell it was manufactured within the last ten years. The house had more windows than I would expect. The doors were all glass and it looked like most of the upper levels were made of glass rather than wood. It also had the feeling of warmth with lilacs growing on both sides of the outer frame.

Jack hopped out if the car and headed towards the house. I stepped out and just spun around looking at the beauty of the forest around us. I heard a nearby songbird and it made life seem well.

"Aria!"

I spun around and Andrea was running to meet me. I gave her hug and we laughed at how a month could change so much. "You cut your hair!"

"Oh yea, I forgot I did," I replied grabbing my hair. "I did it like a week after being at Jack's cause it was just in the way." I cut it when he started to teach me how to throw knives. My hair used to go halfway down my back when straight, but with the wave and curl in my hair on a normal day it reached to the top of my rib cage. Now it's a little past my shoulders. It's just easier to put it up and I don't have to have hair dangling on my neck.

"Well I like it! Come on let's go inside."

********

Jack and I have been at Sawyer's house for almost twelve hours now and all we've done is sit down and talk to Andrea. I'm surprised Sawyer isn't home yet. I would have been worried if Andrea hadn't said that it was normal for him to get home pretty late. So Andrea showed Jack the guest room and I took the couch.

At around midnight I heard the door. I got up and walked into the kitchen and saw a figure getting something out of the fridge. I figured it was Sawyer so I turned on the light. "Sawyer Jack and I....." The figure turned around and out of the fridge.

"Aria? What are you doing here?"

"Sam, I could ask you the same question. When did you get here?"

"I've been staying here for three or four days now. When did you get here?"

"This morning. Jack and I got in a little trouble at his house and we couldn't stay there. Where is Sawyer? Is anyone else with you?" I looked out the door to see if any of the boys were coming up the way.

"Sawyer is in the garage getting something." Sam put a hand on my shoulder. "We found the boys, but we couldn't get them out."

"Why didn't you tell us you found them?" I looked into his eyes and saw the concern.

"They are hurt bad. And it will take more than just us to get them all out. Sawyer only was able to get me out because Trevor and I were in a prison for minors since we didn't really own servants. But Trevor was busted out by his parents. He's fine though! His parents are part of Anarchy so they are kind of proud I guess. My parents don't care about me so I found Sawyer."

"Are they alive, Sam"

"For now."

"Then I'm glad your safe." I turned around and gave him a hug. Sam is only a year older than me, but a good three inches taller. He had a growth spurt in prison. That and his hair was longer and even though I like longer hair on guys, Sam's just needed cut.

Sawyer walked in the front door with a pile if blue prints in his hands and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw me. "Aria?"

"Sawyer, Jack and I need talk to you."

"Couldn't this have waited until morning? I don't work tomorrow."

"No. We had a little trouble."

"What kind of trouble?"

"Hey why is everyone being so loud?" Jack walked into the kitchen rubbing his eyes. I didn't realize how loud we were being.

"Jack, I thought we were meeting tomorrow?" Sawyer put the blueprints down on the table and looked at Jack.

"Sit down and I'll tell you why."

"I won't sit down. You need to tell me."

Sam and I just kind of stood there while they yelled at each other. Then Jack started to explain. Sawyer calmed down and slid into a chair and Sam was still looking for food that apparently wasn't there. I listened to Jack tell the story and didn't notice myself getting closer to him with each word. By the end of the story I had my hands on him just rubbing his shoulders.

"Shit. Jack they are going to be looking for you when they find your dad dead and your no where to be found." Sawyer had his right hand on his forehead like he regretted knowing us.

"I know. But what else was I supposed to do, Sawyer? I couldn't just let my dad rape Aria. He planned on killing her afterwards and probably me, too."

"I know Jack. You did the right thing it just complicates things a bit."

I finally decided to join back into the conversation. "You found the boys. Where are they?" Jack looked confused, Sawyer took a rubber band off the prints and spread them out on the table.

"With the Faces of Men."