~Chapter five

Falling asleep after finding out that my friends are in pain is a negative. I just couldn't sit there and not figure out a way to get them out. So I went into the kitchen, turned on the light, and looked for some hot chocolate. I put the water on the stove to boil and reopened the blueprints. But I don't really understand them without colors and descriptions on what's around.

I took the water off the stove and mixed it with the chocolate power in a mug that had 'number 1 cop' on it. I sat at the table looking at the doors on the prints. "They have to be heavily guarded," I said to myself.

"They are." Sam came in scaring me half to death and making me spill hot chocolate on my only pair of pajama pants I had with me. "Sorry. I didn't mean to scared you." He handed me a dish towel, but I knew that wasn't going to cut it.

"It's alright Sam." I looked at this giant light brown stain that went from my tank top down my pants. It started at my tummy going down ending at the crotch of my light blue, pajama pants.

"Go into the bathroom I'll get your bag."

"It's alright Sam I'll get it. I don't think I have any other pajamas anyway."

I walked into the living room, grabbed my bag from beside the couch, and headed to the bathroom right off the kitchen. I took off the wet stuff, putting it in the sink to be rinsed out, and looked in my bag. I didn't find any more pants or any shorts either. So I pulled on a light green tank top and some dark jean shorts. I looked in the mirror and noticed that through my top you could see my bra. "Well that's a no," I said pulling the top off looking for another.

Suddenly Sam opened the door. "I'm not looking! But here." I had my top wrapped around my bra as best I could and walked over to the door. He was holding a sweatshirt and some sweatpants in his right hand with his left over his eyes. "Since you don't have anymore. They're mine but you can use them."

"Thanks Sam." I grabbed them while shutting the door. I slipped on his grey sweatpants that had Pottorff down the right leg. They were baggy and I love that. I tightened the pull string and pulled the sweatshirt over my head. "Wow, longer than I would have expected." The pants went to the floor way past my ankles. I folded the waist band down, but that didn't help so I folded up the bottom of the pants. The sweatshirt sleeves went way past my hands, but I love that.

I walked out of the bathroom and didn't see Sam. "Sam?" I looked around the corner and there he was in the fridge again. "Do you ever stop eating?" I leaned on the wall and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm a teenage boy what can I say," He said with a mouth full of Ready-Whip.

"Do you want me to make you something?"

"No I'm good." He pulled out a tub of neapolitan ice cream from the freezer and grabbed two bowls out of the cupboard.

"Sam, I'm good. I need to get back to work."

"No, you're not good cause you're up at three in the morning looking over blueprints that you have no idea how to read. So you need some ice cream to calm you down so you can think straight."

I rolled my eyes and went back to the table, picking up my now empty hot chocolate mug and slipping it into the sink. Sam handed me a bowl of ice cream as well as a spoon. We took a seat at the table in front of the prints. Sam spun them around while watching me eat a spoon full of Ready-Whip.

"You had them upside down." He started to laugh a little. I was embarrassed, but I've never seen prints before.

He looked down at the prints to study them. I really didn't understand how to read them. "Hey Sam," I said putting a little of Ready-Whip on my finger. He looked up and got cream on his face. He smiled in a way that said 'touché.' He wiped the cream off his face with one quick motion, but it still left a line of white on face from his cheek bone to the corner of his mouth. I giggled and used my thumb to wipe it off. Our eyes locked together with a connection I didn't want to break.

We didn't say anything, we didn't have to. I didn't even notice I still had my thumb on his face but he did. His hand came up to meet mine at his cheek. It was so warm it shot a tingle down my spine. With his left hand, the one not holding my hand to his face, he touched my cheek. From my cheek he slid it to the back of my neck and pulled me closer to him until I could feel the warmth of his breath.