~Chapter twenty-two

I pushed Jc away and stood up from behind the crates. I was still not visible in the darkness, but that didn't mean I didn't see them fighting. Jc grabbed my arm. It wasn't enough though. I walked up to the one and punched him right in the nose then stepped back into the darkness.

He didn't even know what hit him. The other was on the floor and he was curious, too. The one standing whirled around facing me, but he couldn't see me in the darkness.

I wasn't sure what to do to not blow my cover. Then I made the decision to come out of the darkness knife in my hand. I pushed my father aside stepping into the light. My brother gasped.

"Aria? You're alive?!" My brother stood up and wrapped his arms around me. He's a foot taller than me because of the two years between us.

"Yes, Jason, I am."

"I told you father! She wasn't dead!" We spun to face him.

"It doesn't matter if she is alive we must still serve our country," my father said flatly.

"I will not kill my sister," Jason said stepping in front of me. "And I hate this country. And so do you!"

"Jason, I'm old and all I want to do is to keep you safe. Your sister was bought as a servant. I cannot do anything for her, but I can make sure you have a good home to grow old in. Whether we fight for or against this country it will win."

"I don't care I'm not fighting for it."

"Fine."

My father pulled out a gun and pointed it at himself. "Dad no!" Jason reached for him.

He laid on the floor, blood sprawled on the floor and wall behind him. The smell of blood and gun powder filled the air. I didn't notice Jc beside me until I stepped backward into him.

I spun around and put my arms around him. He cooed in my ear and rubbed my back. I nuzzled my head into his neck and he kissed my forehead.

"Jason, we need to move," Jc said poking his head out of the door. "They probably heard the shot and we need to move to a new spot."

Jason didn't object, he simply squeezed my shoulder. I got my knives out, Jc picked up his axe, and Jason grabbed the gun. Together we walked into the hallway.

Jc lead us through the hallways. We kept close to the wall even though someone wouldn't be able to miss us because of being in black. Jason stayed close to me. He didn't seem like he was real sure about Jc. When Jc told us to wait where we were while he checked the next hallway.

"Who is he," Jason leaned in to say. "Do you know him well?

I laughed a little. "Yes Jason. He's name is Justin, but likes to be called Jc. He's the one who bought me. He's part of Anarchy as well as I."

"Are you....."

"Jason, he's just my...my..."

"I'm her boyfriend," Jc whispered. "I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier." He put his hand out to be shoot.

"Jason Dritten, Aria's older brother." He said it defensively shaking Jc's hand.

"Alright boys. Back to present please."

They both looked at me and shook their heads in agreement. Since Jc hadn't said anything I walked towards the other hallway and turned right into someone. The boys came running and I turned around just to see Jack. My heart almost stopped in relief.

"Oh good god. Thank you," Jack breathed in relief.

"Jack." I hugged him. "Good you're alright. Who was your partner?" I looked around to see if anyone was with him.

"Marcus and I were hiding in a storage room. A fight broke out and Marcus was taken captive. I've been trying to find them since."

"Well come you can be with us and we'll help."

"Yea Jack, all we can do is try, but we are going to try to find him. We don't leave anyone behind," Jc said.

"Jack, this is my brother Jason."

They both nodded to each other. "Ok Jack, show us where the fight was."

He nodded and lead us down the hallway that he came.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE THIS PAST WEEKEND I WAS PREPARING FOR THE HOLIDAY. I HOPE YOU GUYS CAN FORGIVE ME!

AND I KNOW THIS CHAPTER PRETTY MUCH SUCKED, BUT IT WAS REALLY HARD TO GET JASON INTO THE STORY. BUT I'M TRYING!

LOVE YOU GUYS!! HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY!! xxxxxxxxxx