~Chapter twenty-six

In the hallway, Ricardo's face became even more clear. Jc literally jumped onto his shoulders and tackled his friend to the ground. We all sat there and laughed at their actions.

Finally the smell got to me and I started to cough. The smell now burned my nostrils and hurt my lungs. They all stopped and stared.

"We need to get out of here," Jc said standing up.

"There is no way out. They have all the exits blocked," one of the men I didn't recognize turned to say.

"Blake's right they planned on barricading the doors and setting the building a blaze," Ricardo clarified.

"There...has...to...be...a...way," I said in between coughs.

"Where did they start the fire," Jack asked.

"Near the front entrance," one of the other guys said.

"The infirmary! It has windows we could see if we could brake them," Jc said.

"That's probably already gone, Jc," Jack said.

"Alright, what about the back secret entrance?"

"What do you mean," the other unknown man said.

"It's near where they had me captive."

"Can we...just go," I choked out.

Ricardo just nodded. Jc put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me with him. Soon we were running down hallway after hallway. We made a wrong turn and got caught in a huge wave of smoke.

We were trying to run against the flames. Making sure we tried to follow the clean air. We actually got to a point in a hallway when I could actually breathe. And somehow Jack and I knew exactly where we should be heading.

We took the lead. That's when I saw a beautiful site! The room I had been joked by a guard and saved by Sam. And going farther the 'A's I carved into the wall of each room we checked.

We followed my carvings to the storage area we found Jc in. By now though we could see the heat waves going through the building. I kicked the door in and we ran inside.

It was so much cooler because of the skylights. Looking up I could see the stars as beautiful as ever. They acted as if nothing was happening. Like we weren't about to die.

"Come on the door should be over here," Jc yelled to all of who had stopped.

But something stopped me from going forward. A sound. I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me until I heard it again this time louder. It was a voice, that of horror.

"Guys! Shut up! Listen," I screamed at the boys. They stopped and listened. "Jc, show them where the door is I have to go help them!"

"No!" Jc ran in front of me. "I'm not going to lose you again." I shook my head. He put his head down in shame.

Brining my hands to meet his cheeks, I tilted his head so our foreheads touched making him look at me. "Hey. You won't lose me." He was looking at me with tears in his eyes. "But I need to help them. You know as well as me who that is and you know where the door is. Just help the others find their way out. I know these halls. I'll find a way out. I Promise." I felt a warm tear trickle down my cheek, but it hadn't been mine.

"I love you." That's all he said as he wrapped his arms around me. He squeezed me tight which made me smile and I took one last breath. Smelling the wonderful smell that is Jc for I knew I probably wouldn't make it.

"I love you, too," I choked out.

We separated and I looked at Jack. "You know the halls as well as I do, do you want to come with me?"

"He's not going with you! I am," Jason said sternly. That's my brother.

I smiled and motioned for him to come. I squeezed Jc's hand and waved to Jack as to saying goodbye. Goodbye means I won't see you again for awhile and that didn't feel right to just come out and say. I turned around and with Jason at my heal we exited the storage area to go toward the voice. To hopefully find Connor before it was too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What's up guys?

How's everyone doing?

I hope you're all well!

I wanted to stop and ask you all to go check out a friend of mine's story. It's a Connor Franta Fanfiction called:

Should I Give Up Now?

By: idonthaveit

Give her the love that you guys have given me!!!

Oh, and guess what guys!!!

We are only 52 votes away from out voting Over Powered with only half the reads!!

LETS SEE IF WE CAN GET THOSE VOTES BY NEXT WEEK AND HAVE MORE VOTES THAN THE FIRST BOOK!!!

So vote and make me happy! Leave a comment and let me know if any of you think I should post my kik. I know other authors do, but I don't really know why. So leave me some comments and let me know!!!

Love you guys!! xxxx