~Chapter eleven

The fact that we only found Jc is now starting to scare me. We have been looking for a different room with one of the others in it for almost an hour. We haven't encountered any other guards and that makes me nervous as well. We are back inside the actual building and going through every door we can. I think we have broken about forty windows trying to open doors to find any trace of them.

I'm not just nervous I am also getting really mad and have started to cut things into the walls of the factory. Mainly I have carved a giant 'A' in sections we have checked. It makes me feel a little better, but I'm about to take the liberty to break windows myself.

"I'm going back to see if I can get anything out of those men." The group turned around and looked at me.

"Aria, I know you want to find them, but we can't split up," Sawyer said trying to keep everyone moving.

"Why? We are getting anywhere and you don't need me here! You have Jack!" Sam looked at me in concern.

"What if you get hurt?"

"I'll be fine just let me find out where they are."

"No, we'll finish this hallway and then go back as a group. Ok?"

"Fine." I said it in a tone to let Sawyer know I was ready to kick some ass if I didn't find my friends here soon.

As the group started to walk, I kicked a door to my left as hard as I could. There came a sound from inside that made me stop in my tracks. I got up close to it and just listened.

There was moaning coming from inside. "Ricky?" Another moan. With one quick motion I put my knife through the glass and it burst into millions if crystals on the floor. I looked in and saw nothing, but heard a moan. I reached in to try to find the door knob and instead found a hand that had many wristbands. "Ricky, hon, you have to move so I can open the door, alright?" I felt a squeeze and I turned to kick the door down.

Within three kicks I had the door open and peeking through the open doorway looking for anyone. It was pitch black in the left side of the room because the door was on the right, but I could still see Ricky on the floor. I bent down and put my hand in his hair. He looked up at me with a thankful look and I broke.

Tears were bubbling and dripping off my chin as a tried to hug him. He shook his head and tried to get me to turn around. "Ricky what is it?" I slowly turned around and there was an awkward feeling. It was like one of the moments you just sense that your not alone.

I felt him before I could see him. It was a tall man that stood at 6'7", which meant he was towering over me. He wrapped his hand around my neck and I dropped my knife. He squeezed my throat and lifted me up against the wall so I couldn't get to my other knife.

I kicked him as hard as I could and nothing fazed him. I was losing consciousness as he started to laugh. I grew cold and started to see shapes.

It was like a cool painting. There were rectangles, squares, and a triangle. The triangle stood tall. but when the rectangles and squares got to him he fell. And when he fell so did I.

********

I was in Sam's arms as he walked down a hallway. He was so warm and smelled so good. He was walking towards a door. My head was placed on his shoulder and my left hand around his neck. "Sam," I whispered in his ear or at least I thought his name came from out of my mouth, but I could be wrong since he didn't acknowledge it.

I moved my left hand then to the side of his neck and pulled his head closer to me. "Where are you taking me?"

"You're going to the safe house with Ricky. We don't want you getting hurt. I don't want you to hurt."

"Sam, I'm fine. You need my help to find... to find..."

"We'll find Ricardo, Connor, and Kian. You need to go back and rest." He made it to the door and that's when Marcus came up from behind us and opened the door with Ricky leaning on him. "You opened the door with out us and look what happened to you."

"But Sam I need to find Connor and Kian. I have to." We were walking towards a black SUV that had flashed his lights so we would know where to go.

"You have to stop being so stubborn, Aria."

"No, Sam you need to listen to me."

He flung my legs out of his right arm. If he hadn't had a hold of my waist I would have been on the ground. He forced me to look in his eyes. They were filled with rage. He moved his hands to be firmly on my shoulders which scared me.

"No you listen," he said in a stern voice. "You almost died in there. If I hadn't come running when I saw you weren't with us you'd be dead. I will not let you get hurt again!" He looked so angry. He let out a sigh when he noticed I was frightened. "I promised Jc and I failed already, but I won't let it happen again." He seemed to calm down a little and worry plus a small tear filled his eyes. "I'm sorry I kissed you the other night. I shouldn't have let that happen since I know how much Jc likes you. But I have started to like you, too, over the past few days." He relaxed his hands and looked away from me.

"Sam..I.."

He cut me off by quickly bringing his hands to face and kissing me forcefully. It was quick, but put me in a little trance. I hadn't expected it. He then picked me up again and took me to the SUV and sat me next to Ricky in the back seat. He slammed the door and him and Marcus ran back inside. Ricky put his hand my leg and brought me back to the reality that is my life. I smiled at him and looked out the window at the now disappearing light of the factory.