~Chapter twelve

I stroked Ricky's head hearing his light breathing. We have been on the road for only twenty minutes, but Ricky was so tired and in so much pain. He fell asleep and I made him lay down putting his head in my lap. I couldn't believe how hurt he was.

"How bad is it?" Jon was looking back at us.

"I can't tell until we get back. He doesn't seem to be as bad as Jc."

"I was talking about you."

"What?"

"Your neck. And Sam. I saw that."

"What about Sam?"

He went silent. I swallowed hard and looked back out the window and the night sky.

********

"I'll go get Ryan to help us get Ricky inside. You stay here."

Jon jumped out of the SUV and ran into a small lake house. I didn't particularly know where we were since for the last fifteen minutes I was asleep. I didn't want to wake up Ricky, but picking him up out of the car wouldn't be easy if he wasn't.

I spoke softly to him, "Ricky. Hey Ricky we are at the house." I patted him on the shoulder. His eyes fluttered open and he looked up at me.

"Where are we?"

"We are at the safe house. We decided to move you guys here so you wouldn't be in as much danger."

Ryan opened the drivers side back door. "What's up man?" I really hoped he was talking to Ricky.

He reached in and helped him up and out. When I knew Ricky was out of the car I jumped out. Jon was right outside my door apparently because we collided. He laughed and showed the way to the door.

Walking in I was hit with the aroma of peppermint. Walking inside the front door you are put into a hallway in which you can travel upstairs or the family room to the left. I chose to wait for Ricky.

Ryan brought Ricky in and up the stairs. I followed close behind. When upstairs I could see only two bedroom doors. Ryan lead us into the one that was open on the left. As I passed the open door on the right I saw a bed filled.

Looking towards Ryan I saw Ricky was in good hands and started towards the other door. I poked my head in saw fluffy brown hair on the pillow. I walked to the side of the bed and all my wondering was true. "Oh, Jc I'm so sorry," I knelt down on my knees and putting my hands on the side of the bed. I felt a tear escape my eye and that's when it hit me. I could have gotten him out of there if I hadn't been at Jack's so long.

My thoughts sent my emotions loose and I started to lightly sob. I had my head in my hands on the bed when I felt a hand on my head. They were trying to calm me, but it didn't help.

"Shhh...shhhh...It's not your fault."

I lifted my head to see Jc facing me with his hand running from the top of my head down then to my cheek. He tried to wipe off a few of my tears and it made me smile. And I noticed that his swollen eye wasn't so swollen anymore. He could actually open both eyes and that made me cry harder.

"Jc. Oh, if I had tried to find you sooner you wouldn't look so bad. It is my fault. I...I...." I put my head down in shame.

"Aria, don't think like that. It's not your fault. Look at me.." He raised my chin and then patted the bed.

Moving the covers, I stood and sat down beside him. Jc sat up and even with his wounds he was still so beautiful. He smiled at me and raised his hand to my face. He inspected my lip and the cut on my cheekbone.

"Are you ok?"

"Jc, I think I should be asking you that question."

He laughed softly moving his hand off my face trailing my jaw line then he hit my neck and it sent pain through my body. He saw me tense up and reached over to turn on a light since the only one he was using was the hallway light which kept it very dim in the bedroom. Switching it on I saw his eyes get wide.

"Aria, what happened?"

"W-What?"

"You know what. What happened to your neck?"

"Oh, uh. I'm ok."

"That's not what I asked, Aria."

"Jc, calm down." He was starting to get angry.

"Who hurt you? Tell me cause I'll kill him myself."

"Jc, calm down. I don't know who he was and I don't know what happened to him. Sam did something to him I guess. I blacked out before he came in when I came to, Sam was carrying me to the car to come here with Ricky."

"You blacked out?"

Nothing I was saying was making him feel any better. I know he needs to watch the stress he puts on himself or people put on him with his injuries, but he won't listen to me. So I did what I thought was best to get him to stop.

As he started to open his mouth again, I quickly grabbed his neck and gently let my lips touch his. That was all he needed. He then fully engulfed me in his arms. He sent me down onto the bed.

Bringing his left hand next to my waist and his right rubbing my cheek. The kiss then deepened. With his right forearm supporting him his left hand found its way to my shirt. He seemed to like to play with the end of it.

He pulled away and started to kiss my jaw line then down to my neck. It hurt, but at the same time sent tingles down my spine. He moved back up to my lips that's when is fingers started to find their way inside my shirt.

"Jc," I tried to say. I didn't want to go away farther or at least not yet. I said his name again, but he wasn't listening. His hand was traveling up my rib cage and I was really scared. I have never done this before. So I shouted at him. "SAM STOP IT!!!"