~Chapter thirty-two

"Well? What do you think," Jc asked after he said something very shocking.

I was stunned. I didn't feel like I could answer. I just kept saying it over and over in my head. But look at all we've been through. "Jc, I...I....um...."

"I understand," he said disappointed. He moved me off his lap and started to get up.

"Yes," I blurted finally.

"You're serious," he asked turning around to me.

"Of course," I replied with a small smile.

He jumped up and helped me up. He seemed so happy. When he let go of my hands after I stood up he pinned me against the wall and kissed me. It was passionate and yet I didn't know if I had made the right decision.

"Don't tell anyone," he whispered moving away. "I don't want them to find out until we are for sure going to do this."

"Alright," I said sheepishly.

"Aria, it's okay. I love you," he seemed so excited.

"I love you, too, Justin."

"Not many people call me Justin anymore. Besides my mom and Ricky everyone else calls me Jc. It sounds nice coming from you," he said grabbing my hand. "I want you to be able to think over it to make sure you really want to marry me."

"Why don't you just want to tell them?"

"So you have time to think it all over. I mean you're seventeen so I didn't know if you were really ready for that commitment."

"Jc, just because you proposed to me doesn't mean we'll go get married once I turn eighteen. Right?" I mean I wasn't sure if that was the plan. I love the idea of always having Jc, but we need to see how it goes a little longer before we actually decide to do our vows.

"Of course. And it doesn't even have to be that I proposed. It's just a promise that we will be with each other and no one else until the day we make it down the aisle. Well you go down the aisle because hopefully I'd be waiting at the alter," he said uncertainly.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." With that I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "I promise to be yours until it's legal for us to join as one," I whispered in his ear.

"That's good. Okay I better go put my room together. Be good," he whispered and kissed my forehead.

I exited shortly after Jc did and headed to the kitchen. I suddenly needed a drink of water because somehow it had become warmer in my room or maybe it was just me. Upon entering I was joined by Wishbone who was hoping I was going to give him some food.

"Hey buddy. Are you hungry," I asked in baby talk because lets face it he was just a big baby. "How about I make us some food. Is that okay with you?"

He barked in approval which made me laugh. I walked to the fridge to see what was inside. What I saw almost made me throw up. Everything was moldy and I didn't even want to see what was up with the milk.

"Wishbone, it seems to me that we need to get rid of the old food and wash the fridge so we can go to the store and get new food."

"What's wrong," Ricky asked walking into the room half scaring me.

"You need to help me clean out the fridge so we can get new ingredients for meals."

He scrunched up his nose at my comment. "Why do I have to help you?"

"Because you're a nice person and will help me," I said smiling.

"Uhh. Alright I'll get a trash bag," he sighed again and walked out of the room in a schlump.

It made me laugh and as he came back in the room I opened the door to the refrigerator. Wishbone must have gotten a whiff of something and ran out of the room. Ricky ran out of the kitchen. I yelled after him, but I was sure he wouldn't come back. I was wrong through.

He came back and threw some yellow halves at me. "You get then out. I'll hold the bag."

"Alright, but your taking it to the garbage."

"Deal," he said opening the bag.

It took almost fifteen minutes to get everything out and into the bag. We didn't take anything out of its container. We decided that it would be better to throw them away and buy new storing containers. When we finished Ricky hurried to get it outside and I opened the kitchen windows above the sink. I hoped that would allow the smell to circulate out of the kitchen.

Then came the fun part. Cleaning the actual fridge. As I started Andrea came waltzing in and asked if she could help. I would have been stupid to say no. So I did the inside and she did the door. While cleaning we kept small conversation.

"So you and Kian are doing well?"

"Oh, yes. What about you and Jc?"

"Well..uh..."