~Chapter two

Waking up in a cold sweat is never a good sign. But waking up in a cold sweat in someone else's bedroom scares the living shit out of you. I could hear breathing beside and I really was scared to turn over. I looked over my shoulder.

"Jack? Jack what am I doing in here?" I tapped his shoulder and he jumped.

"What?" He was so tired.

"Where are we?"

"You fell asleep when we were talking about our plans and I just didn't move you. I'm sorry. I thought it would be okay since if dad saw me taking you out of my room he would get suspicious."

"Okay then. Just go back to sleep Jack."

He was asleep before I was finished. He became so tired so quickly lately because of traveling back and forth from Sawyer's. They've been making plans on finally moving me to Sawyer's, but Jack doesn't seem very excited.

I don't really want to leave Jack here, but he can't really leave unless his dad would get deployed again. He's turned into my best friend, I mean who else am I going to talk to? He's a great person to have around. He really knows how to make a person laugh. I'm really going to miss hanging out with him everyday.

Uh. It's three in the morning and I'm laying right beside him. It's kind of weird. This feeling made me think of Jc and how he forced me to cuddle with him the night before my birthday. But at the same time it was nice to know I was save beside Jack. As long as I'm in his room I won't be hurt or at least not on purpose.

*******

I woke up to Jack's alarm for school. It's one of those annoying alarms that just beep and beep and get louder as you ignore it. I wanted to throw it at the wall. Why in hell's name would someone ever invent such an annoying thing? Well I guess this would be why since it did wake me up.

I really didn't have the energy to get up. I reached for the blanket to shield my face and found Jack's arm tucked around me. I jumped and pushed it off me. Jack'a eyes opened quickly and noticed how close to me he was and quickly scooted away. But he scooted too much and fell off the side of the bed. "Jack!"

"I'm fine." He stood up like nothing happened. His shorts were pulled off his waist so I could see his blue plaid boxers. I started to giggle and bit my lip looking away from him. He must have looked down cause he gasped and ran to the bathroom. With the door shut I put my hand over my mouth and laughed silently.

I got off the bed and noticed my tank top strap was halfway down my arm with my bra on full display. I was so embarrassed! I wonder if Jack saw it? I fixed myself and finally turned off that god damn alarm. Walking towards the door I heard a knock or more of a pound, it had to be Hans. God what would he say if he found me in here? So I did the only thing that seemed logical. I ran into the bathroom where Jack was getting ready to take a shower.

"What are you doing?"

"Your dad is knocking on the door."

"Oh shit. Ok stay in here I'll answer it." He pushed me into his closet. His closet was in his bathroom if that's what you want to call it. I mean the only way to get to it was through the bathroom and it was a walk-in so it was a good size.

I couldn't really hear much of anything over the running water, but I did hear Hans ask Jack where I was. I buried myself in-between clothes and prayed he wouldn't come in. But I heard the door open all the way and heavy footsteps. Then I thought, 'how mad could he be if I stayed with him last night? I mean he did say I was his.' So I stood up and walked out of the closet.

"Why do you care if she stayed with me last night? She'a mine anyway!" I heard Jack scream at Hans.

"Because she didn't cook breakfast this morning and she needs to be beaten!"

"You can make your own damn breakfast! You have two hands and are capable of making cereal without a superviser!" I heard a loud noise and a moan and ran out of the bathroom.

Jack was on the floor and Hans had his back to me. I ran at him and tackled him to the ground. I started to punch him and I couldn't stop. Then Jack pulled me off of him. He was holding my shoulders and we saw his father's slow breathing. "J-Jack I-I..."

"I know."