Chapter 20

Emma was taking a walk down the road a few days later. She needed to get some fresh air. She had been stuck in the house for a few days, so she decided that going for an evening walk was for the better. A person came jogging up to her looked at her. The man furrowed his eyebrows and pointed a finger at her.

"Are you Emma Swan?" He asked.

"Who wants to know?" Emma asked. Fear struck through her.

"I do. Are you?"

"Yea..." She said cautiously. She grabbed her pepper spray that was in her back pocket. Killian had made her bring it in case someone threatened her.

"You're missing! Where were you? Do you need help? Are you injured?"

Emma brought the pepper spray out and sprayed the man in the eyes. He put his hands over them and started to fall. She noticed that he was going to hit his head on a large rock on the side of the road, but she couldn't seem to care because she was running. Running back to the house to tell Killian what happened.

She burst through the door and Killian looked at her weirdly.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked.

"Someone recognized me." She said out of breath. "We have to go."

"Shit." He got out of the kitchen and grabbed a plastic bag. "You need to fill some bags with our clothes and other toiletries. Anything you think we might need. I'll worry about the electronics and stuff."

Emma ran upstairs and did as she was told. She took the bags down to the front door. Killian was grabbing the things as fast as he could, and started packing his black Chevy. It only took ten minutes for them to finish packing all of the important things that they would need. Emma was sitting in the car as Killian did a final sweep.

"What are they going to do when they find our fingerprints or DNA?" Emma asked as soon as Killian got to the car.

"A person saw you, so they know you are alive. It won't matter if they find something of yours. But no one is coming to check things in our house."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Emma, no one knew you were with me. Anyone who knows me will just think I went out of town for a vacation. Relax, darling. I've got it under control."

"This is fucking insane! Turn around. I'll turn myself in, say that I don't remember where I was or who took me, be upset and emotional because of Walsh's death, and then we'll 'meet' and be together then."

"Let's do that after we've moved."

"If you don't stop this car, I'm going to jump out of it."

"While we are on a busy street?"

"Yes."

He smirked at her. "You're bluffing."

She moved her hand to the handle of the door, but before she could do anything, Killian locked the doors. She cursed at him and crossed her arms over her chest as she sat back in the seat. He just gave her a smug smile as he continued to put miles and miles of distance between them and the house she had grown to love. That was her home, but home was where the heart is. A simple little house wasn't home. Killian was her home. It just took a while to find him.

By sunset, Killian pulled into a decent sized hotel. Emma saw a sign that said 'indoor pool' and 'free wifi.'

They walked up to the front desk with their luggage. Killian had managed to grab some suitcases while she was stuck piling the clothes into plastic bags.

"What can I do for you, sir?" The woman asked as they walked to the front desk.

"A room for me and my wife please." Killian said calmly.

The blonde woman nodded and dug out two key cards and placed them in Killian's hand. He placed his free hand on Emma's back and led her to the elevator along with the bags. She backed up into the corner of the elevator and watched as they went up and up. Emma felt like they were going all the way to the top floor, which they probably were. When they stopped, she didn't get a chance to see what floor they were on before he tugged her out and into the room.

She saw a decent sized living area with a white couch. A flat screen was mounted on the wall. Sliding glass doors opened up onto a balcony where there was an excellent view of the city and the ocean in the distance.

"Holy shit! This place is amazing!" She said.

He chuckled and placed the bags down. "I knew you'd like it. This is my favorite hotel to stay at when I'm out of the city." Killian grabbed her hand. "I have something to show you." He brought her to the bathroom that had a huge shower with a bunch of knobs and faucets. A jacuzzi bathtub sat in the corner, and candles were all around the room. "We can have a relaxing bath in the candlelight if you'd like."

She walked over to him and tackled him with hugs, while nodding her head. "I love you. I love you so much."

"I know, and I love you too."

"No, you really don't know what this means to me. No one has ever done anything like this for me before, because nobody cared. And it's not the fancy hotel room, but the fact that you are willing to put your safety on the line for me."

"I'll always put your safety before my own."

She hugged him again and kissed him. Hard. He moaned in her mouth.

"As much as I'd love to continue this, I don't want our first night here to be on the floor."

"So what are you suggesting?" Emma asked with a smirk.

Killian smirked back and grabbed her hand. He led her to the bedroom and pulled her inside. "You'll see, my love." He said and kissed her again.

I'm baaaaaaaaack! Okay, not necessarily. Just for today.