Chapter 23

Leo's P.O.V

I put my money into the vending machine and pressed a couple buttons. The machine made a eerie noise and then completely broke down. All the light in the vending machine went out and all the snacks were contained even mine which was hanging out of the compartment it was in. I vigorously shook the machine hoping it would come out. A tall man in a white coat walked into the room and placed a shoulder onto my shaking arm.

"How is Aliza."

He looked down solemnly and shook his head,

"No sir she has passed. The injuries in her head were far more extreme than we thought. When we went to check on the cut, we saw that she had an internal bleed in the head. We tried to stop it but it was far too late. I'm sorry for your loss sir."

"Can, I see her." I choked out holding back tears that threatened to spill.

"Our hospital forbids the seeing of the dead."

He walked into the restricted area and I was left to soak in my self pity. If I hadn't of showed up I would still have a daughter that I could watch out for. I have no one now. Not one person.

It's all because of them.

----------------------------------------------
That was a really short chapter, but I just wanted to get a chapter out and published.