Chapter 15

Lucy's POV:
"Hunter? Is that you?" I asked.
"Yes. I bet you're happy I just saved you from getting shot by the laser. I would hate to see you lose points." He says sarcastically.
I pulled out my laser gun and shot him again.
"Whoops." I say sarcastically and start running.
He starts chasing me around the laser tag room. I run and hide in a dark corner and wait for a few minutes.
I thought to myself, "Maybe I'll just wait and see if Hunter walks by, then shoot him with the laser again.
"Lucy..? Where are youuuu...?"Hunter asks.
I stay dead silent. He walks up right behind me I pull out my laser gun again.
"Ahah! I found you!" Hunter yells.
I shot him again and our gear started blinking.
"Ok guys. I know you guys are having fun but it's time for the next group. Everyone please hand me your gear and exit this way." one of the workers say while pointing to the door.
"I guess this means I beat you." I say to Hunter with a smirk.
"Nah. I let you win."  He says.
"Sureee." I say
We all walk out of the laser tag rom and head for the go-karts.
"Hey guys. I just got a text telling us to wait outside of the go-kart track. Someone is supposedly coming to meet us."  Corbyn says.
"Do you know who?" Weston says.
"I have no idea." Corbyn says.
We all stand around and wait for about 10 minutes. All of a sudden we hear a lady say:
"I'm here!!"
We all turn around and see Hunter's mom Christine and his brother Brandon walking towards us.
"Oh gosh. Why do they have to be here?" Hunter says.
"Oh hush Hunter! I'm going to go introduce myself to them! Come on." I say.
We all walk towards Christine and Brandon.
"Hey mom. Hey Brandon." Hunter says.
"Hey guys." She says as she scans all of us.
"I see you guys found a friend I haven't met yet. Hi! I'm Christine and this is Brandon." she says as she shakes my hand.
"Mom, she knows who you are. She was the winner from the meet and greet." Hunter says.
"Oh yeah! Of course!" Christine says
"I'm Lucy." I say smiling at her.
"Such a beautiful girl!" Christine says while nudging Hunter with her elbow.
"Thank you!" I say blushing... A LOT!
"Hey guys! The park is closing in an hour so we need to hurry and race the go-karts!" Blake says.
"Ok let's go!" Weston says.
We walk in line to ride go-karts and realize that there is no one in line to ride.
"Hey you guys. It looks like you are the last group for go-karts. So how about I let you guys ride a little longer than the original time?" One of the workers say.
"Yes! Thanks so much!" I say very excitedly.
"No problem. Now, you need to get into pairs of two." The worker says.
Immediately everyone started to pair up, leaving only me and Hunter. Hey, I'm fine with that! We all got into our go-karts and reviewed the rules.
"Everyone ready?" The worker says.
"YES!" We all scream.
"Ready...Set...GO!!!" He says.
We all take off really fast and go around the track multiple times. The whole time me and Hunter would look at each other and laugh nonstop.
The last three laps were coming up and Hunter and I were determined to win! We were currently in second place. Blake and Brandon were in front of us.
"Ready to take this up a notch?" Hunter says.
"Let's do it!" I say.
He pushes the gas pedal all the way down and we zoom across the track.
It was the final lap and Hunter, Blake, Brandon, and I were side by side.
"Come on Hunter! We got this!" I say.
Hunter pushes the gas pedal hard and focuses.
The finish line was nearing and the anticipation was so real!
We finally cross the line, but we were unsure of who won. We all stopped what we were doing for a few minutes while the winner was being decided.
"It was a close call but the winner is................"

Author's Note:
I'm so sorry I haven't updated this fanfic in a while. I've been really busy and haven't even had enough time to even pick up any electronics other than my phone (for school). lol I guess being a competitive dancer doesn't help with my busy schedule.... but anyway I hope you like this chapter and yes I know.....
ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER