Chapter 21

Lucy's POV:
"Oh my gosh! How did you get over here so fast!?" I asked.
"Let's just say, I've never run like that before." Hunter said as he's trying to catch his breath.
"Come inside and sit down so you can catch your breath." I say with a little giggle.

He smiles at me and walks in. He looked around the room as he walks to one of the chairs.
"Wow. You have a pretty house." He says.
"Awe thanks. My mom really likes to decorate our house." I say.
"So, I was thinking about what we should do today. What do you think about going to Starbucks for little bit and hanging out there?" He says.
"Sure. Sounds like fun! Let me go get my wall..."
"Oh no! It's on me!" He says interrupting me
"Are you sure?" I ask.
"I'm positive." He says.
"Ok then, let's go." I say.
"Mom! I'm going to Starbucks! Be back in a little!" I yell.
"Ok." She says.

We both stand up and walk towards the door. Hunter grabs the doorknob and opens the door for me.

"Thank you." I say with a big smile.

Since Starbucks is right outside of our neighborhood, we walked. As we were walking, we were talking about random stuff and laughing. All of a sudden, Hunter's hand brushed against mine and we both immediately stopped talking and just looked at our hands. After a few seconds of an awkward silence, we looked at each other and laughed.
We kept walking, talking, and acting stupid. Hunter's and my Snapchat Story was filled with hilarious videos of me and Hunter. When we almost got to Starbucks, Hunter's hand brushed against mine again, but this time he held my hand.

I LITERALLY DIED WHEN THIS HAPPENED! OMG WE ARE HOLDING HANDS AGAIN!OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I acted like I didn't notice anything and just kept our conversation going.
After what felt like forever (but was only 10 minutes), we finally got to Starbucks.

"Do you know what you want?" Hunter asks me.
"Yep. I'll order first." I say.

I ordered my drink and then he ordered his. It was so sweet of him to buy us both a drink.
We walked and sat down at the tables that were outside. We started a random conversation, which led to us talking about the day at the fair.

"Oh my gosh! Do you remember the like 60th time we rode that drop zone ride you looked over and told me that you were about to throw up?" I say while laughing.
"Yes! What about when we went on that little roller coaster that all those little kids were in line for and you started talking about how scary the ride was? You freaked all those little kids out!" Hunter says.
We kept talking about the hilarious moments at the fair.
We are both laughing so hard that we can barely breathe.

After about 45 minutes of talking, Hunter stands up and says, "Lucy, I have a surprise for you. Come with me."
I get up and he takes me by the hand. We both start walking to a car parked in the parking lot.
"Is that the driver from last night?" I ask.
"Yep. Now get in. You're going to love this." He says.

I get into the car and start to guess what the surprise is. Apparently all my guesses were wrong, so I have no idea what it could be.