White Wedding

Months had passed. Months of sin. Months of sweaty skin on skin, orgasmic highs, and the faintest glimmer of love. It wasn't quite as faint as believed.
It was finally time. Wedding Day.

Ellen stepped in front of the mirror, trying on dresses from her closet. She had a white one but a white dress in the middle of November ? Not so much the best idea. Besides, this wasn't an honest wedding. Her hand brushed past a black dress, very formal, smart. This was it.

"You know mum would be right pissed you didn't have a real wedding." Maureen's voice came from the corner, judging her littlest sister.

"We went through this! You know why..." Ellen sighed, pulling the black one out and changing. It was nothing extremely special, she may as well go to a cocktail party in it. Ellen looked in the mirror, seeing Maureen's face. She hated disappointing her sister, who had practically raised her, but knew she'd made her choices. This was her wedding. Ellen picked up her purse, and went to put makeup on in the bathroom. Gently she rubbed in concealer, some soft smokey eyes, and mauve lips. She looked down at her watch sitting on the counter, Patrick was flying in, in a few hours. They had discussed that she paid for Chris to stay in the honeymoon suite while they stayed in a separate room. Patrick wanted to come to New York, for their relationship was not just sex now...he was committed to Ellen. Jill had her family in LA to help prepare for the twins birth if it so happened while he was in New York.

"Ellen Kathleen, you are going to miss your appointment, don't you dare chicken out!" Maureen yelled from the bedroom, seeing the time. Ellen walked out, pale faced, but ready. She locked arms with her sister, walking out of the room and down to the lobby. A yellow taxi was outside to take them to city hall.

*****

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride."

Ellen turned, kissing Chris. Her lips were feather light, not an ounce of love there. Chris didn't return the kiss, he knew. He pushed back her hair, smiling. They both knew this was it, this was good. Together they walked out of city hall, Ellen into Maureen's arms as they got in a taxi to take them to the hotel to celebrate. As Ellen stepped out of the yellow taxi, so did someone else from one just behind them.

"Ellen?" Patrick asked, walking over. He hugged her, "oh you look so nice." His blue eyes trailed all over the dress, then to Chris on the other side of her. Ellen looked the best in her little black dress, Patrick longed to hold her tighter. His hands on her shoulders, rubbing gently with his thumbs.

"Hi Patrick, good to see you. I have to go," Ellen said, waving as Chris took her into the hotel and back to a private room where their families were. Patrick waved her off, pulling his suitcase up to the front desk.

"Hi yes, I'm checking into room 302, under Pompeo," he said quietly. Ellen's family rushed up to hug her, her sisters shooting congrats. The hotel desk manager smiled,

"You and Miss pompeo have a nice night." She said, winking. It was her job to cover for all of the famous guests that stayed there. She knew exactly what was going on.
****

"Oh Ellen! It's a beautiful ring! Look at you two!"

"Are you planning on moving? Any honey moon plans? Oh children?"

"Better not be wedded just because there's a baby in there, my daughter deserves love,"

Ellen flushed as her family attacked. Constantly loud, rich Boston accents cooing over her and Chris. She made her way through them to go sit down. This was the hard part. Lying.

"I'm happy...everything's just such a blur, Chris and I don't have time for a honey moon but that's okay. We said Paris for my birthday was enough," she explained to the table. Chris came back over, hugging Ellen. He began to talk to her family, the smoothest lies spilling from his mouth. Ellen owed it to him, Chris had a plan. He entertained well. Luckily for both of them their families wanted to get back to Boston quickly, so departed for the trains after a few hours.

Ellen began to clean up, throwing plastic cups away.

"Thanks for today Chris." She said, squeezing his arm. Chris turned his head, busy with throwing out left over food.

"Oh? It was nothing Ellen. Don't, I don't need praise. We had to do it. Owe it to each other." He smiled, pulling out his phone, talking to someone. Ellen continued cleaning as much as she could before the hotel cleaners came in. She hugged Chris one last time.

"I'll be in my suite all night." Ellen told him, hurrying up to the elevator.

****

Patrick wished he could be downstairs, drinking glasses of champagne, and making small talk about how much he loved Ellen. His heart fell as he began to understand what he really wanted. He stood at the large window, looking down at central Manhattan, busy with their own lives. Patrick wanted a wedding. He wanted a bride he could show off and praise. He wanted to see Ellen in all white, walking down the aisle to the priest with her father holding her hand. Her hair would be in soft curls, pulled back so even under a traditional veil her gorgeous eyes could make him melt in his tuxedo.

"Patrick? Hey," Ellen opened the suite door, poking her head in. He had left the door open, for her to arrive when she could. Patrick turned his head, watching her walk inside.

"Was it successful?" He asked, brow raised. Ellen rose her own slender eyebrow, laughing.

"I am officially married in the eyes of the New York court system." She stated, sitting down on the couch. "Come here Paddy," Ellen waved him over. Patrick smiled, obliging, sitting bedside her. He pulled out a bottle from the cooler, holding it up.

"Your birthday is tomorrow you know? And I suggest to celebrate, we pop this champagne, and get wasted all night." Patrick said, rubbing the champagne bottle's condensation off. Ellen slid her hand down his cheek, smiling.

"That...sounds enticing but before we pop anything-" Ellen shoved his bottle opener to the table, making eye contact with him. "Patrick. Chris and I made a big move, okay. And I want us to be more careful with people keeping an eye on us and everything." She kissed his nose, making a cute little face. Patrick ran his hand through her hair, nodding.

"That's reasonable." He agreed, kissing her cheek. "Sooooo that means no sex in front of the big window..." Patrick whispered in her ear. Ellen laughed, smacking his cheek.

"That means no window sex." She agreed, getting up, unzipping her dress. It slid to the floor, revealing her black bra and pantie set in all lace. Ellen winked at Patrick before going to the bedroom. He quickly got up, the champagne in his hand. Ellen deserved the best sex on her wedding night, and he was making sure of that.