Worry

Patrick took a deep breath, reaching his arm out as he slowly woke up. The room was dark, even though he could tell it was light outside. Then he heard it, the faint drizzle of raindrops on the trailer rooftop. Mid October wasn't a bad time to have rain during a hot Californian summer.
He looked over at the woman beside him in bed. Patrick smiled. He had fallen asleep spooning with Ellen, her back against his waist. He kissed her temple, and sat up, admiring her again. Ellen curled into herself, pulling the covers around. Patrick chuckled, watching her. She was so small, curled up like that. Fragile, little, spunky Ellen.

"Quit being so weird," Ellen grumbled from within the mess of sheets. Patrick ran his hand through her messy hair, chuckling again.

"I'm not being weird. I love you." He replied, moving down into the sheets. Patrick pulled them away from Ellen so he could put his arms around her. They laid like that for what felt like hours. Ellen held his hands in hers as she curled on her side, feeling his stubble tickle her bare back. Patrick felt her heartbeat as he moved closer, kissing her neck.

"Paddy?"

"Yeah babe,"

Ellen giggled, rolling over so she faced him.

"So you're gonna be a free man soon." She stated. Patrick pushed her hair back, cradling her face.

"Not really. I have you." He kissed her lips gently, pulling back and looking into her big green eyes. The rain grew heavy on the trailer.

"I love you, God, I love you," Ellen wrapped her arms around him tightly, never wanting to let go. Patrick smiled, rubbing her back. He peppered kisses on her pale collarbone, tickling her with his stubble.

"Call time is in fifteen!"

Ellen groaned, wanting to stay in seclusion with Patrick all day. She pulled the sheets up.

"I don't wanna go.."

"Come on, we got a scene later," Patrick nipped her lips. Ellen rolled her eyes,

"It's going to be cut, we're too sexy for 9 pm." She whined. Patrick got up, sliding on a grey tank and his sweatshirt. He poked her,

"Come on, get up Ellie," Patrick began to tickle Ellen, his hands making their way across her thin stomach. She batted at him, laughing.

"Paddy let me go! Oh come on!" Ellen sat up, pulling back. Eventually she got dressed and they went to work.
****

"I wanted to show him compassion," Ellen tried to sob as they started recording but she couldn't do it. Patrick watched anger spread across her face as she realized tears weren't coming.

"Cut. Okay again Ellen, do you want a few moments to prepare? Remember Meredith had just watched a man be set for death, be executed by the government." The director reminded her. Ellen moved away from Patrick and nodded to the director. She headed into a supply closet to get herself feeling emotional.

"Patrick, good work. You're upset, you see El, Meredith, upset and you can't help her. Remember that, no matter what you say, she will not give in." He spoke to Patrick. Patrick looked at the white supply closet door, picturing Ellen inside.

Ellen took a deep breath, sitting on the floor hugging her knees. She didn't know any old school acting tips for this, she didn't know what to do. So she did what she does every emotional scene. She closed her green eyes, and took herself back 1973...

Flashback-
((If you're bad at math she's about 4 here almost 5))
"Ellie, go help your father with dinner, please." Ellen looked up into kind green eyes, identical to her own. She nodded, smiling.