EJP

"Fantastic!"
Patrick snapped his head up as the director cut the scene, and immediately he hit heads with Ellen in the bed beside him. His head had been resting on her shoulder in the scene, as Derek fell asleep after drawing the tumor on the wall.

"Shit!" Ellen yelped, pulling back sharply from him. Patrick's face fell and he reached around to hold her close.

"Oh I'm sorry Ellen, yikes you okay?" He asked, rubbing her head. Ellen faked tears,

"Y-yes," she playfully sniffled before hugging him. The crew began cleaning up around them, waving them off for the afternoon. Patrick crawled out of the bed, walking to Ellen, and reached out his hand to her. Slowly Ellen used his hand to pull herself from the bed. She was due any day now but refused to stop working, even on supposed bed rest. Gently Patrick led her off towards the trailers.

"Patrick?" Ellen paused outside the studio doors, crossing her arms over her very extended stomach. She pushed back her blonde waves, making eye contact with him before continuing. "I saw you had a bunch of missed calls from Jill on your cell...what's going on? Is she asking for a settlement or?"

Patrick's blue eyes went dark. He hadn't told her. He had to tell her. He pulled at his perfectly moussed hair, tangling it. The perfectionism portrayed in Derek Shepherd's crisp, clean attractive look was decaying by the second as Patrick racked his brain to explain to her. His eyes darted around to be sure they were in private before his two hands cupped her cheeks and he kissed her deeply.

"We have to talk about some things Ellen." Patrick said quietly, pulling back. Ellen was beet red. Her face hot with insecurity. She grew terrified of loosing Patrick. Instantly the fear crept in the back of her mind. Patrick began walking to the trailers again and Ellen followed behind him in tow, praying for the best. Once they reached the white labeled trailer doors Ellen's cell rang.

"Shit! I'm sorry Patrick it's Frankie..." She took it without hesitating about Patrick's response. He darted into his trailer to call back Jill anyway.
---
"Frankie slow...slow down. Talk to me, tell me what's happening." Ellen sat down on the benches across from the trailer space, listening to Frankie freak out. She was either breaking down or in labor and Ellen couldn't tell yet. A strained explanation from Frankie came in short sentences. Her water had just broke all over her floor. "Is Chris there? No? I'll call him to come meet you at the hospital. Call 911 Frankie you need an ambulance you are alone with no one. It's going to be worth it."
Ellen went into her trailer to grab her things when on the second stair warmth spread down her thighs. Sharp kicks from the baby started and Ellen was in panic in now. She had learned all of this in the baby books and in the classes she took but nothing could shake the anxiety creeping up her spine. Warmth. Like the blood from months ago. Pain like the miscarriage. It was hard to separate. Ellen knew she had to be in labor.

"Oh no...no no no," She murmured, stepping back down the steps. Ellen knocked on the side of Patrick's trailer, trying to get help from him. "Patrick!"

"Ellen? Oh my god Ellen," One of the PA's, Nicole, came rushing over. She pulled out her cell and called 911 for an ambulance. "You are in labor. I've called an ambulance. Patrick can come once you're there. Come on."

Ellen stopped slamming her hand against the metal and followed Nicole out to the ironic ambulance bay that they had open to the street.

"I think my contractions are starting," Ellen groaned, bent over against a pillar as they waited. Nicole started to instruct her to take deep breaths. It was going to be a long night.
------------
Patrick was pacing the waiting room of the LA hospital. He saw doctors scurry in to collect family members corresponding to other ER injuries, and slowly the number of people in the room dwindled down to just him. Just him. He chewed his lower lip anxiously as he walked back and forth. Ellen was in labor at the same time Frankie was. She was late, the approximate due date had been a mistake. Ellen was early. Chris had arrived with Frankie and stayed with her in the room. Ellen had not approved Patrick to come in yet.