Party Hard

Two years have passed since that day at the hotel. I've dated other people, but I have never fallen in love again.

Every time there was an award show I refused to watch it to prevent myself from seeing or hearing Chris. If a song played on the radio, I changed the station. I did everything I could possibly do to avoid him.

I had gotten a job working as the executive director of marketing for a restaurant in Miami called Miracle shortly after moving there. I never went back to LA to get the rest of my things.

One day, my boss called me into his office. Something must have happened. A visit to his office was always a rare occasion.

"Good Morning Gabby! Have a seat." He said seeming surprisingly joyful. "I have some great news for you!" He said with a creepy smile.

"Well, let me hear it." I replied intrigued.

"We are going to be giving you a promotion. You will be overseeing all of the operations at a new location of Miracle Restaurant!" He said happily.

"Oh my god! Thank you soooo much! But might I ask where this new location is?" I replied.

"It's going to be in beautiful and sunny LA!" He said with a smile.

"LA? Why not another location in another city in Georgia?" I said feeling as though I was going to throw up. Looks like avoiding him just got a lot harder.

"We figured we would make more money in a bigger city, so we chose LA. You will be making an extra $25,000 a year. I will send you all of the details in an email so stay tuned." He said still smiling. I know his cheeks were hurting!

"Wow, thank you so much. I'll start packing right away!" I said.

You readers are probably wondering why the HELL I took the job if I was avoiding Chris, right? Well if someone offered you $25,000 would you turn it down? I didn't think so.

About 4 months had passed and I was already in LA. I was avoiding the usual hangouts that Chris would go to. I didn't want to risk an awkward confrontation.

One day on the way to work, the radio station was talking about Chris. He was getting ready to release his next album named Fortune. I was just about to change the station when i heard Chris' voice. He sounded the same. I don't know why I was expecting him to sound different.

He was getting ready to introduce a song on his album called Party Hard when he said something that caught my attention.

"Tell us why this song is so important." Said the radio host.

"Ok well Party Hard is about a beautiful woman that I once knew. In the song I sing about why she's so beautiful and why I love her. I hope she hears this and reaches out to me. I really miss her. My number hasn't changed in case you were wondering baby." Chris said.

I began to think. Could he be talking about me? Nahh...

The song began and I analyzed the lyrics.

"Shes got the perfect lips the perfect body. Shes the life of the party and she likes to party Hard."

"Hmm.. Interesting" I thought to myself. The song continued.

"Tonight you've changed my life. I hope you put your lips on me. Playing tricks on me. Tonight we gone party hard." He sang.

"No way that song is about me" I thought.

The radio host began talking to Chris again once the song had ended.

"So would you be so kind as to share who this inspirational lady is?" He said.

"Umm..." Chris hesitated a little bit. "Her name is Gabby. She's the most beautiful person I've ever met. I'm still in love with her." Chris said as my mouth dropped open. "So.. Baby if you're out there listening to this. Please call me."

Before I knew it I had parked my car at work.

I spent the entire day thinking about the song and the fact that it was written for and about me. After all this time, he still loves me.

After work was over I went home and sat on the couch and thought about what he said. I stared at my phone wondering if I should even bother to call. I debated for about 10 minutes.

"Hello?"

"Hey Chris... It's Gabby"