Chapter 24: Changes

~Your POV~

Guards stand as sentries outside my room's door.

Hux had told me I had been ordered not to leave. Ren's orders. It made me think about who really ran the Order after Snoke, obviously not its General.

Boredom has evaded me for hours. I have done nothing except stare at a wall or braid and re-braid my (H/C) hair. I've looked over my new room about a million times.

It's dark, with high walls like Ren's room. The bed is smaller, less comfortable than his, but it has the same black, silk sheets. There's a black wood beside table with a lamp, as well. Inside the room are two doors beside the one that leads to the hallway. One for the refresher, and the other that opens to a walk-in closet.

There is no windows. Nothing can tell me what the time is.

The food the troopers leave me is disgusting, so I don't even try to eat it.

With nothing else to do, I find a nightgown in the walk-in closet and change out of my ridiculous outfit. Then I climb into bed to try to sleep.

Sleep won't come. It feels like hours have passed and I still can't slip into unconsciousness.

After giving up, I concentrate on the Force. I feel nothing interesting at first, just the presences of the two sentries outside my door. Ren's presence is no where on the base. I then feel for a familiar Force signature. I call out to it. Rey.

Nothing happens in the first few minutes. Dantooine must be too far away from wherever the new Starkiller was housed. But I call out again.

Rey

Suddenly, I feel the slightest pull on my mental shields. (Y/N)?

Rey, oh my Force! I send through to her.

(Y/N)! You're alright! I could feel the relief in her voice. Leia had feared the worst. Where are you? Has he hurt you? Should we come find you?

Woah, woah, I say. First off, I'm bored out of my mind. I don't know where I am. I haven't been able to leave my room for almost all day. Ren hasn't hurt me; not intentionally. Yo-

He's hurt you then?! She sounded angry, also concerned.

Not him personally, but his Knights have, I tell her. Actually, he's hurt me. But only because I've gone against him.

She sighs. Care to explain that for me?

The only thing he's done so far is choke me physically and through the Force.

(Y/N)! You need to get out of there! He's going to end up killing you! Think about Tarika! She needs her mother!

I am thinking about her, Rey! She's needs her father!

He's too far gone, (Y/N), she says. You know what he did to Han.

You said it yourself, I remind her. There's still light in him. I've felt it. He struggles with the light. I can bring him back!

At what cost? Your life? Rey was being sincere.

I sigh. How's my daughter?

She's not talking to anyone besides Leia, Poe, and I. She's been ignoring Finn. I've waken up the past week with her by my side. She's says she doesn't want to sleep anymore.

My poor baby... I say so only I can hear, but Rey heard it as well.

She needs you home. Safe.