London: The City Of Love// Zayn Malik Fan Fiction

I’ve lived in apartment 3B in Notting Hill with my mum for as long as I can remember. She was a great mum, especially after she kicked my father out of my apartment. He was abusive and violent towards us and our neighbours and after years of being abused, my mum finally plucked up the courage to throw him out to protect me. He stood the other side of our door and pummelled it for 20 minutes whilst Trevor, our landlord, and Ben, my old neighbour, did everything in their power to stop him, leaving me and mum with a battered door and my father with a restraining order and a prison sentence for numerous offences towards me and mum, our neighbours and landlord and several police officers.

I loved this apartment, it was my life. As a first year politics student at the University of Westminster it was perfect, as the university is situated just the other side of Hyde Park. My mum moved out of the apartment to live with her new serious partner, Simon. I liked Simon, but after seeing what my father could do, I’m always weary of males. 

After growing up with the same two neighbours I was upset to see them leave a few weeks ago. Lara, who had lived in 3A, was a stunning blonde bombshell who used to baby sit me when I was younger and Ben, who had lived in 3C, was a broad, muscular man but deep down he was a loving man. Lara and Ben fell in love, got married and soon moved out of the city to bring up their gorgeous daughter Lucy. I knew I’d miss them and I was worried about who I would get as their replacements.

I knew today was the day Trevor was supposed to have shown the new neighbours around but when I arrived in the lobby of the complex, I couldn’t see Trevor in his office, though the lights where on. As I neared the stairs I shoved my bag onto my shoulder and tried to balance the 5 text books I was carrying in my arms. Climbing these stairs had been a daily routine all my life and I could do them easily, they kept me fit, but when trying to get up them with 5 books blocking my eye line and and heavy bag filled with notes, book and pens weighed me down, it was a struggle. As I reached the final flight of stairs I could hear Trevor’s booming voice amongst several, obviously young, male voices. Trevor usually did all this business in the day time, and most males were out at 8pm on a Friday night. I finally reached the final steps as Trevor’s voice began booming again.