Chapter Seven

I could hear the sounds of music coming from the apartment across the hall as I slipped on my velvet purple pumps, leaning against the counter top for support. I was wearing some dark skinny jeans that hugged my legs and a dark purple shirt that was loose around my waist but fitted around the bust. I glanced in the mirror before I left, taking a deep breath in. It was obvious I was feeling nervous about seeing the boys again.

"Hi, you look good!" Said Niall in his strong Irish accent as he opened the door for me. He was about an inch taller than me with beautiful, healthy blonde hair and striking blue eyes, much like Louis’.

"Thanks!" I blushed under his gaze before stepping into their apartment. "Wow, it looks so different with all your stuff inside it!" Liam and Niall had put up award trophies and photos of their friend and family all around their home. As I walked down the hall I glanced into the small closet which used to be for coats and shoes when Ben had lived here. The small room was now decorated with fan mail and beautiful drawings and canvases sent to the boys from fans. I stood with my mouth open. "Wow, you’ve got so much mail in here. Do you keep all of your fan mail?" 

"Yeah. You can’t really throw away fan mail and it’s nice to have a room which will instantly pick you up when you’re having a bad day or when people on twitter are being judgemental and shit." Niall smiled at me.  

I managed to move my eyes from the closet and began walking down the hall again. I could hear the boys talking and opening cans and bottles, but it didn’t sound like there were that many people here. As I came to the end of the hallway I saw Louis and Zayn in deep conversation by the window so I decided not to interrupt and went and stood by Liam who hugged me.

"Are more people coming?" I asked him. Looking around the room where three unfamiliar guys. "No offence but I was expecting masses of people getting drunk!"

Liam laughed a deep infectious laugh, “Yeah, we were going to invited loads of people like friends and family, but it was last minute and a lot of people couldn’t make it or get down here and we decided we didn’t want the place to be trashed on the second day so we thought we’d only invite Stan and old friend of Louis’ and Graham and Lucca some new friends we made recently!”

"Oh, I’ve heard cleaning the apartment after tonight is your job!" I said nudging him in the ribs with my elbow, "I’ll let you in on a secret, Zayn cleaned my apartment this morning after you guys made a mess in it last night. It’s spotless now! He’s a nifty cleaner, you should make him help you clean up tonight!" I added with a smile, glancing at Zayn who had finished his conversation with Louis and was strutting over to us.

"Zayn told us all about your antics last night." Liam said with a wink. "I hope you don’t drink too much tonight because we could hear you shrieking last night…"

"You sounded like you were having Sexy Time!!!” Louis shouted raising his eyebrows in an over the top way, breaking Liams sentence.

I bowed my head suddenly embarrassed about drinking so much last night.

"Guys, leave the poor girl alone!" I heard Harry mutter as he walked past. "Louis ran into my bedroom last night, excited to hear that Zayn and you were getting along so well, if you know what I mean." he added with a cheeky smile. 

Harry was beautiful. They all were. But Harry had a deep masculine voice that seduced my ears. I could listen to him talk all day.

"We didn’t do anything, I was just drunk and Zayn was trying to help me to bed, that’s all." I replied, pleading them to believe me.

Louis slapped Zayn on the back suddenly breaking the awkward silence that lingered around us for a moment, “Hey you old Stallion, why didn’t you rump this beauty last night?” Louis shouted, checking me out, head to toe. I blushed laughing at Louis’ crazy antics.

"Always the charmer Louis!" Zayn mumbled taking my hand and leading me away from the boys. "Don’t worry. I’ve already told them what really happened last night. They’re interested to see you drunk now. They’ll probably offer you drinks filled to the brim with alcohol now, just warning you!" he said, laughing as we sat on the sofa.

He rested his arm on the back of the sofa, letting his fingertips glide across the back of my neck every so often. We sat on the sat for most of the evening talking and laughing at Louis’ atrocious dancing but before we knew it, it was gone 1am.

"I’d better make a move, big exam coming up this week." I said reluctantly, not wanting to leave his side. Zayn stood up and offered me his hands, which I took thankfully. He helped me to my feet as I swayed a little. He’d been right about the boys trying to get me drunk. Throughout the night they had kept coming up, offering me drinks that reeked of alcohol. Although I took the occasional drink, I rejected most of them, and by the looks of the boys, they had consumed the drinks I hadn’t drunk.

Zayn placed his warm back on my lower back and guided me over Louis, who was now sprawled out on the floor singing a vaguely familiar song, and out of their apartment. He unlocked my door and let me in before following me inside.

"Did you have a good night?" He asked whilst removing a stray hair from my face. 

I nodded, too tired to give a verbal response, squeezing his hand to let him know that I meant it. He smiled back to me and kept my hand in his, now guiding me to my bedroom.

He began to undress me, slowly and seductively, but soon passed me some purple pyjama’s that he had clearly tried to dress me in last night, but failed too. I gazed up into his large chocolate eyes and wrapped my arms around him, letting my head rest on his chest. His heart beat was slow and steady, relaxing me and slowly making me more and more drowsy. He kissed me on the top of my head and then on my cheek and I lifted my head, but he let his lips linger on my cheek for a second too long, leaving me wanting to stay in his arms all night.

"Good night Soph." Zayn said quietly in my ear before turning away and letting himself out of my apartment.