Chapter Twenty Eight

"Louis, can you comment on accusations that Zayn rapped poor Emma?" one reporter said shoving a microphone in his face. 

He put one of his large hands up towards the camera and grabbed mine with the other, “No comment.” He said before shoving his way through the crowd. 

"GET OUT!" I could hear Trevor bellow at the top of his voice. He was standing on the stairs blocking their way!

"Isn’t this illegal?" I shouted at Louis, but he barely heard me. He shook his head in a way that told me that I shouldn’t say anything.

"Can we confirm that the child is a result of brutal rape on Zayn’s behalf?" Another reporter said. 

I stopped in my tracks and was just about to shut him up but Louis grabbed my arm and pulled in through the crowd and up the stairs. 

"I’m so sorry Trevor, I’ll call management now and tell them to get these people out as soon as possible. Is there any damage?" Louis asked.

Trevor looked awful. He was obviously worried about the damage they’d caused. He shook his head woefully.

"I just have no idea. I can’t do anything to make them move. I’ve called the police who said they’re on there way! Zayn got in and two seconds later they were all here asking me questions.. I didn’t know what to do so I just called the police." Trevor replied turning his back on the media.

"I’m so, so sorry." Louis said looking guilty.

"It’s not your fault." Trevor replied, before turning back around to see the police enter the building. Louis pulled me up the stairs some more. 

"WHY DID YOU SAY ANYTHING?" I shouted at him. "YOUR FRIEND IS GOING THROUGH HELL AND YOU JUST HAD THE CHANCE TO DENY EVERYTHING! NOW HE LOOKS LIKE HE REALLY DID RAPE HER!" 

I pushed Louis out of the way and walked towards my apartment door.

"I can’t say anything. Management told us all not to say a word. If we say anything.. It’s complicated OK?" 

"No, it’s not OK, Lou. Zayn has had his life ripped apart and you’re just letting them continue to publish complete and utter crap!" I said angrily at him, knowing it wasn’t his fault but I couldn’t seem to stop. "Did Zayn rape her?" I asked furiously.

Louis shook his head. 

"Exactly. THAT’S what you should be saying. Not ‘no comment’” I unlocked my front door and slammed it furiously. I knew I should have been saying all this to their management, but it broke my heart to know that Zayn was innocent in this, yet he was still getting the abuse and the blame for it all. I leant against the door and slid down it. It just wasn’t fair.

"Hey." I heard a weak voice say from the sofa. "Your back? How’s Trevor doing down there? I wanted to stay and hold them back but management would have murdered me and he told me that it would just be giving them everything they wanted and that if I stayed down here, he’d kick me out."

"Zayn, how are you?" I cried, running over to him. He looked tired and upset. "Trevor’s called the police, they’re there now. How did your press thing go?" I asked, though it obviously ended badly.

He shook his head and wrapped his arms around me. I flopped onto the sofa on top of him and let my head find it’s familiar place on his chest.

"I’m so sorry that all of this is happening to you" I whispered.

"It’s not your fault. Or the boys. They’re doing the best that they can without pissing management off, you know. If it gets much worse, I’m out of the band. I’m getting so much bad press there is much else they can do. I looked up at him. I could see the tears falling down his face. 

His whole world was falling apart right before my eyes, and there wasn’t a single thing anyone could do about it.