Chapter Nine

I was still in bed when I heard a loud and impatient banging on the door.

"WHAT?" I said angrily opening the door to see Zayn standing there looking stunned, blushing slightly. "Did you want something?"

"You look like you just got out of bed." he replied giggling slightly trying to lighten the mood. I wasn’t impressed. I began to close the door on him and walked away. "Soph, I was kidding!" holding the door open with his foot.

I walked into my bedroom and got back into bed, pulling the sleeping mask over my eyes 

"Sophie, I was joking." Zayn whispered leaning on the door frame in my bedroom. "I actually came here for a reason…" he trailed off mid sentence. I heard his hand slip down the door frame and his body shift, turning away from the door as he closed it behind him.

I sat up in bed and stared at the clock. 10:23am. I needed to revise. I hauled myself out of bed and shuffled towards the bathroom taking off my pyjama’s as I went. I took a shower and let the warm droplets pummel my skin. I became so relaxed that I didn’t want to leave and ended up sitting on the floor of the shower. I was usually so on top of things, but recently everything seemed to be going downhill. I hadn’t heard from mum in a while and the last time I had she sounded depressed. I hadn’t been out and have fun properly for a few months, I was behind on my notes from lectures and I just couldn’t wrap my head around most of it. 

Once this exam was over, I would need to step up to the plate. I still had another 2 and a half years of it.

Satisfied that I was clean enough, I stood up and turned the shower off. The apartment was chilly so I dried myself as soon as possible and put on the comfiest and warmest clothes I owned. Towel drying my hair I turned the radio in my room, increasing the volume of it so I could hear it over the hairdryer which was now blasting hot air at my head.

The new Pixie Lott song had just finished blaring out of the speakers by the time I had stopped drying my hair.

"And now, for all you One Direction fans, here is there new single, TIGHTROPPPEEEEE! YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!" shouted the DJ as he flipped the switch to play the song.

It was brilliant, catchy and upbeat. I liked it a lot. I always used to like them, but mum had become depressed so I gave up most of my time to look after her. It had been almost 3 years since they had been on The X Factor and they had grown up so much. I could still remember the little video diaries they did for The X Factor that never failed to put a smile on my face. They still made the occasional video for the fans but I hadn’t seen one in ages.

My stomach let out an angry growl. I hadn’t eaten in over a day and I was starting to feel the effects.

I grabbed some text books resting on my bed and walked into the lounge to set up a comfy place for revision. I threw the books onto the sofa lightly when I heard a loud groan.

"Ouch!" said a deep voice. 

I jumped. “What the hell are you doing here? I thought you left ages ago!” I cried, clutching my chest as though I was having a heart attack. 

"I told you, I came here for a reason, but you blanked me out so I decided to let you sleep. You obviously aren’t a morning person!" he said jokingly as he stretched from the sofa cracking his neck as he went. "This really is the most uncomfortable sofa I have ever slept on." 

"Sorry, you woke me up. What did you want?" I asked blushing at how rude I had been to him.

He stood up and stretched even more, forcing his t-shirt to ride up his stomach and back showing a slither of his toned stomach. Assuming he was putting the kettle on to make a cup of tea I allowed him to walk past, brushing his arm against mine as I sat down and got comfy on the sofa.

"So what was on your mind yesterday that got you up at 5 in the morning?" I asked casually looking over at him. "If you touch my chocolate I will murder you!" I shouted. "ZAYN! GET OUT OF THE CUPBOARD! I’M LOW ON CHOCOLATE!" He didn’t stop, in fact he began opening a bar of chocolate before standing up and grinning at me. He came over and slumped into the sofa next to me.

"I just had to think about what things really mattered to me now. Everything seems to have changed recently, I just don’t know where I stand at the moment and how I can keep everyone happy." He mumbled to me with his mouth full. He turned to me clasping my hand to make sure I was paying attention. "This chocolate is so good!” 

I giggled and hit him with a pillow from the sofa causing him to laugh and dribble chocolate down himself. “How about you stop doing things to please other people and start pleasing yourself.” I said, whilst he mopped himself up.

I looked into his dark, beautiful eyes. He was looking out of the window, and was now lost in thought and didn’t answer. He really was stunning. He licked his lips seductively, making the Adam’s apple in his neck to rise teasing me.

"I don’t want to hurt anyone." He replied sadly. I shuffled over to him and slid my arms around him and rested my head on his chest. I didn’t say anything, only laid in in his arms which were now tightly wrapped around me. "I don’t want to hurt anyone." He mumbled into ear.

We spent the next 10 minutes in each others arms, content with having each other for company.