Chapter Thirty Four

When we got outside there were four people that were shouting things at Zayn, each had a microphone or a camera in hand. Zayn froze, his face drained of all it’s colour. He used to love the media and the fans, and now he was terrified of bumping into one of them.

I grabbed his hand and held it tightly pushing the people out of the way whilst Michael shouted some abuse back at them.

When we were inside security came over and took us over the the check in. We skipped the whole line, although it wasn’t that long, it was still nice to be given the special treatment. Zayn was still pale and looking around for people looking back at him.

We still had no idea where we were going and the security stayed with us until we boarded the flight. We sat in the lounge and drank coffee and ate some food while I tried to relax Zayn.

"This is my first time flying.." I said to get the ball rolling. 

Zayn looked at me, shocked with what I had just said.

"Seriously?" He said with his mouth hanging open. "Like, never been on a plane?"

I giggled, “I believe that is what I have pretty much just stated…”

"Well, shoot me down and call me.. whatever that saying should be. Are you nervous?" He asked, staring into my eyes like I was the only person in the room.

He was back.

"A little. But I think I’m more excited than anything." I replied. 

He reached over a took my hand, giving it a tiny squeeze before security moved us to the boarding room. I tried to catch a glimpse of where we were headed, but we were walking to fast to focus properly.

"Here are your tickets and you are one of the last to board so you should have no trouble at all with people or media! Have a very nice trip." The tall security man said to us smiling down at us.

Zayn looked at me. He looked a little worried, but relieved to get out of the UK. 

"Let’s go baby." He whispered into my ears as we handed over our tickets not even looking at where our destination was. It didn’t matter where we were headed.

We were together that’s what was important.

***

"Hello and thank you for flying with us today, we hope you have a very pleasant flight and we shall be landing in Rio de Janeiro-Galeao International Airport in just 12 hours and 27 minutes."

I looked at Zayn who was beaming.

"Man, I should have guessed!" Zayn said leaning his head on the back of his chair. "Louis asked me if I had to choose between going to Pakistan or going to Brazil, which one I’d choose. I said Brazil because it’s completely new territory to me. It’s got so much history and.. Just everything about it will be amazing. I can’t believe I didn’t think about it sooner!" 

"That’s really weird.. Louis asked me the same sort of thing!" I said smiling at him. He was finally relaxed! 

"Oh yeah, what were your options?" 

"3 years with the nicest clothes but alone in Burma or a 5 year mission on the USS Enterprise, 3 years of which had to be spent naked.." I replied laughing gently. I couldn’t remember when I had been happier.

I looked at Zayn again. “I worry about Louis sometimes.” He said, scrunching up his face a little. “The other day, I walked in on him staring in the mirror, in just his underwear with a face painted on his belly.”

"Oh, well, that isn’t that weird, is it? I swear I saw it being done on Drake and Josh!”

"Yeah, it wasn’t weird until he started putting pizza into his belly button whilst sexually dancing and muttering sexual things.." He shuddered at the thought and didn’t say anything else.

"What’s more weird is that you actually stayed to watch him do these things to himself!" I said, giggling and prodding him in the stomach my finger.

I yawned suddenly aware of how tired I was. 

"Seeing as we have 12 hours in the air, I’m going to get some sleep if you don’t mind." I said to Zayn rubbing my eyes.

He shook his head and opened his arms so I could nestle inside of them. I couldn’t wait till we landed so we could start our own little adventure.